Sign in to follow this  
azruger

33 junior late hunt

Can't wait to get the boy out there and get it done. I am more excited for him than for my own tag. Next year I will have more other boy out there too.

Yes son killed a spike. We hunted 3 days he killed on morning of 3rd day. It's not a easy hunt. The bucks skittish from the 3 prior hunts

Thought that might be the case. I laid it all out in front of the kid I'm taking hunting and his dad and I let him take the reigns and make his choices. I hit the dec/jan archery season a few years ago and saw nothing but does. He says he really wants a mule deer over a coues, so we will let him scout and see just how much more difficult that will be in this unit by that point in the season.

No, it was his 2nd choice. Talked to his dad at lunch and they are going to discuss picking up a pig tag tonight.

My boy already has a nice coues and mule deer (see avatar pic) so I'm pretty sure he is planning to take the first legal deer he sees.

• Like 1

Glass Glass Glass. We hunted this area two years ago and had a ball. Made stalks virtually every day.

Ton of deer in that unit. 40 deer a day is very doable. Glass glass glass. They are there.

just checked the mailbox and it's official, all (3) kiddos , Nov 18-24 going Jr. any deer hunt in unit 33, plus picked up 1 leftover pig tag for same time & place.

Loving the fact that it will be cooler in temps, a lot less snakes and no friggn bugs.

• Like 1

ill be in there on the first jr hunt with my nephew and my self picked up a leftover muzzleloader tag will give you a heads up after hunts

• Like 1