AZHUNTER05

Oldest Arizona bear you'be ever harvested?

I was lucky enough to harvest me first bear in 2014! After months of waiting I found out that the sow I killed was 9 years old, which I believed to be an older bear. My buddy also harvested a bear this year and Game and Fish estimated it to be 23 years old! Now I'm curious to see if anyone has killed a bear older then 23? So, if you've harvested a bear in Arizona please post the the age G&F provided you. This should be a cool thread.

The first bear I killed was aged at 18 years old.

Brian

16 years, had a tag in it's ear that was placed there as a cub by Al Lecount who did bear studies in the Pinalenos. Shot about 400 yards from where it was caught when the tag was placed.

4 months. He was coming right for me, I swear! Just kidding, never shot a bear personally, but helped on some hunts and carried a bear tag with me while deer hunting s few times. I had no idea how old a lot of those bears were. Very interesting.

Almost touched off my release on what looked like a super old sow after studying her for several minutes. Something told me not to. Few more minutes later a cub wanders out of the brush. Glad I passed on my only bear opportunity.

• Like 3