Sign in to follow this  
khmer6

Anyone seen this bull? 436" velvet

Guest wdenike

Very good assessment Gino. But just like always on here. More than a few show the jealous and self centered p's o s they are. That probably feel the generous gentleman should redistribute his wealth. And as always some would beech if ya hungum with a new rope. Carry on whiners!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

Shane is right,beams were 65 and 55 he deceived everyone. The highest guess was 417, everyone that saw him wanted to change their guess.

1. True

2. True

3. This wasnt during any elk hunt...it was out of season

4. True

5. Big bulls like this are suppose to be rare. Wouldnt mean as much or bring in as much money if they all grew this big.

6. I'm pretty sure it wasnt a great day for any other hunter that may have been chasing this bull longer then the guides have been.

7. I've never met Philip, but I'm a pretty nice hunter....you just haven't met me...

Go with me here a sec....

I love seeing this bull, but it doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that money from a chicken mogul...er a nice hunter, literally did nothing more than pull a trigger on a out of season bull. Not only did Philip not post his kill and tell the world how humbled he is, but pimpin A3 can't be easy.

Well enjoy that burr in your saddle blanket, Pard, cuz there is plenty more A3 envy in your future Pal... ;) :lol:

There was a question about Mass and Length... and yes beams are as stated above and he is all that... and Yes I watched that tape get run and that number is Legit... I gotta admit that I was Blown away when I walked up to this bull... You cant even begin to imagine how big this beast is till you hold him in your hands.... Mind Numbing is my best description.

• Like 3

Congrats and good for him! I can assure you that when I become a millionaire I will buy auction tags every year in every state I can!!!! Why? Because I can;)

• Like 4

Haven't been on here in a few months because it's summer time and like many of you we are hard at work around this place. But I couldn't resist logging in just to see who would be the first to whimper and try to take something away from Wilbur the GIANT typical.

Well Johnnie I don't think you need to get warm and fuzzy about the hunter in order to appreciate one of the biggest typical elk ever killed. Anywhere. Ever.

Many a good man tried to get this bull on the ground the past few seasons and the stories behind those efforts will be told around many a campfire to come. As someone who excitedly got to stay "hot on his trail" last year and tried to help get him harvested, I can tell you I am thankful he lived another year. He absolutely blew up this year. He was big last year but far from where he ended up this summer. What a flipping stud.

Thankfully he was harvested and we all get to admire the tremendous trophy that he is.

As a final note and to echo Beckers sentiment... Most of us may never have the money to afford that tag- but we lace up our boot straps every morning and give er heck each day trying. Cause it's 'Merica and we can. And I celebrate those who have been successful enough to be able to donate to conservation. Never met Mr. Barrett but from what I read he's just another hard working American who worked his way to the top and I applaud him for it. Somebody gets to buy that tag and support our wildlife. Frankly, it's refreshing to hear it involved a man who earned it, appreciated it and respected the opportunity. Congrats to you sir. Glad all my chik-fil-a sandwich purposes went to a good cause. Thank you for spending your money in Arizona and to support conservation rather than supporting some hippie group like the Sierra club. Please bid again next time and if I ever get the chance I hope to bid against you.

• Like 8

Did not see the mismatch in beam length (also did not see 65"). Field photos indicate good mass but I attributed it to velvet. Realization of the bulls incredible mass shows up in the photo of the fellow holding the antlers outside the building. Assuming the fellow holding the rack is a normal size man, his hands don't come remotely close to encircling the beams. WOW!

Guest 300ultramag.

Who named him Wilbur? It's a 436 inch bull give him A better name than that. Was sugar foot or twinkle toes taken!!! Lmao

Seriously tho every time I see this bull. Wowzer

When I look at that rack, the only thing I can think of besides how amazing he is, is how he would have looked this year hard horned. That bull has it all - the long curling fronts, the whale tail, just about anything a great bull can be. Huge congrats to the hunter, and those who made it all come together. Awesome job.

Congratulations to the hunter and all involved . Definitely a bunch of stories behind this bull another giant typical over 400 2 in 3 years same unit i know im jealous but blessed to have seen a thumper bull of this caliber grow over the past years

• Like 1