ricodabears

Best binos for around $1000

I got a buddy looking to upgrade and wants to stay around a thousand bucks. My suggestions were Zeiss Conquest, Leica Trinivoids, and Meopta all in 10x42. Appreciate any input

You can't really go wrong with any of these choices. You can throw the Razors in the mix as well. I looked through the Zeiss and Cabelas Euro HD's (Meopta) in the store and in those conditions you couldn't tell a difference. Have him put his hands on them and see what feels the and looks the best to him. You can probably find used Swarovski around that price too if you are patient.

Don't rule out the Kahles 10x42, superb glass. I've had mine close to 15 years and still going strong.

• Like 1

I love my Vortex Razors and have a pair in both 10x42 and 12x50. I have seen some in new or like new condition on here for right around that $1000 price range. Vortex has also been amazing to deal with. They have sent me new lens caps when I lost mine (on a couple of occasions), a replacement plug for the bino adapter stud when I lost mine, and replaced the lenses in the 10x42s when I dropped them lens first onto a rock and cracked them. All of this was done for free.

You can get get 10x42 SLCs for $1000 Or less pretty regularly on EBay if you search and be patient.

• Like 1

I appreciate all the input. I have also owned a few pairs of Vortex and have always been pleased with the performance and customer service. I now have Swarovski SLC HD's which are great but he only wants to spend around a grand and I don't want to be that guy that just keeps telling him Swarovski-Swarovski-Swarovski. There is a lot good glass out there for around $1000

• Like 2

The Meopta MeoPro HD are new, under $1K easily and provide some great optics. I had a pair that I used to compare with the Swaro SLC HD. The Meopta were impressive for their price range... Under $700 demo pair. I would buy the Meopta before I would buy Vortex.

For used, Swaro SLC HD and Zeiss Victory FL's are the two I would probably buy again... but yes, Swaro, Swaro, Swaro if you want a pair that is exceptional. I have both the SV and SLC. Love both. Buy once, cry once.

• Like 3

Just got done preaching about the Razor HD spotting scope, so I'll chime in here too haha. I have the Razor HD 10x42's, and would take them over all over glass. I have personally dealt with their VIP warranty, and can say it is no Bs. My wife dropped her binos just before a hunt. I called Vortex in man sobs and they turned the glass around in 6 days for us! I bought them because they make amazing glass, but they won over a lifetime customer with amazing customer service.

• Like 1

if they want to buy glass new from the store id go with the Zeiss Conquest HDs. 999$ and the glass is amazing and has the same warranty as vortex now

• Like 1

I would look for Cameraland demos deals or used Swarovski on here or eBay. I would buy used Swarovski before I considered new in a lesser glass, IMO.

• Like 2

Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss. IMO it would be ridiculous to go with vortex over any of those..... Glass simply does not measure up.

• Like 1

Swarovski, Leica or Zeiss. IMO it would be ridiculous to go with vortex over any of those..... Glass simply does not measure up.

+1, swaros is definitely king imo, best glass and re-sale value.