Sign in to follow this  
Becker

Zeroing your scopes!!!!

I just bore sight. Pull the bolt and center a distant small target in the bore. Then dial the scope until you are on. Then go shoot to refine. I have never been more than 8" off @ 100 yards.

Same thing here

• Like 2

I might have to try this as I just put a new scope on.

let me know if it worked Shelvin.

I cannot see how zeroing a reticle in the scope helps when attempting to zero the rifle. In my may years of sighting scopes for myself and others, I have come across several rifles where the holes for the ring mounts were not aligned exactly parallel with the barrel. I guess it is a good place to start when you are sighting in a rifle where there is no bolt to be pulled in order to bore sight.

• Like 1

I just bore sight. Pull the bolt and center a distant small target in the bore. Then dial the scope until you are on. Then go shoot to refine. I have never been more than 8" off @ 100 yards.

Same thing here

What boresighter do yall use? A buddy of mine bought a cheap one from Amazon, which worked when he got it, but when he took to the range it did not work. Another question I have, do you bore sight during the day or late in evening? Thanks guys

Same thing here
What boresighter do yall use? A buddy of mine bought a cheap one from Amazon, which worked when he got it, but when he took to the range it did not work. Another question I have, do you bore sight during the day or late in evening? Thanks guys

The same one sugarbear uses, can't beat it! Pull out the ol bolt and look down the barrel down range!

This method is optically zeroing your scope. It is used to check resolution, or compare resolution between two or more scopes. It basically centers up the erector tube to the objective to provide the clearest site picture so when you put two scopes side by side you are getting a fair comparison. The further the erector tube gets to the edge of the objective the more degraded the image will appear. As far as sighting in the rifle....it's going to shoot where it's going to shoot at this point. Bore site and shoot at 100 yards as mentioned above.

• Like 1