tomkat12

$2000 Africa Hunt for 4

Had some pretty good luck selling recently selling some stuff on here to the awesome coueswhitetail members I thought I'd try and resurrect this one one more time. Basically what your purchasing is accommodations and guides for tens days worth of hunting for 4 hunters. The certificate is good until June 2017 so there's around 16 months to get this planned. I paid $2000 for this and I'm hoping to get my money back but at this point id entertain some offers or possibly even trades. Keep in mind this includes guides, accommodations and food for 4 hunters for ten days! I've talked to the point of contact and he is a real easy going and is full of info. Just to give everyone a very rough idea of additional cost here is a rough idea based on my research

airfare to South Africa $900-1300 round trip

transportation from the airport to location $250

critters are between $200-$4200 based on what you wanna shoot. Hopefully you will be able to read the attached documents

I never really nailed down the cost of bringing critters home but what I did find indicates its $150 (see comments below on this) or so to have the hide "dipped" and freighted back to the states.

I believe tips for both the guides and housekeepers are expected.

I'm located in Gilbert and prefer to do this FTF due to the value but I haven't met any bad people on this site so I'm sure we could figure something out if your from out of town. Send me a PM if your interested or would like to get some more info.

If your an experienced Africa please feel free to comment with other cost you may know about, I may well end up going on this hunt and any additional info would be appreciated!

post-11079-0-88936500-1438290473_thumb.jpg

post-11079-0-29852700-1438290502_thumb.jpg

post-11079-0-69220200-1438290520_thumb.jpg

post-11079-0-37584900-1438290554_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A fair heads up on the Dip / Ship and import fees are higher than $150 per critter. It varies by animal species of course but the dipping and crating are usually done by one company which will send you one bill. Once you pay that bill they deliver it to the shipping company that will send you another bill for the ride over here. Then you pay customs fees and other miscellaneous importing and handling fees once it lands. Also, swine, primate and bird species all have to go in their own individual crates and will add a hefty bill so be careful when you think you're shooting a "cheap" warthog or monkey it gets $$$ real quick when you want to get it all home.

I don't mean to scare anyone away from this deal but figured I'd at least give someone that might be interested some insight as to what to expect. I've been to S.A. twice and have brought back multiple antelope species, a couple of warthogs and even a bird so feel free to bug me with any questions you might have.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! If you had to put a guess on it whats the average cost of getting a couple plains game critters home. I hear having them tanned there is also an option? If no one gets interested I will probably still try and go so I'm as interested as everybody else to have a realistic budget.

I'll have to dig for my old files to see what it adds up to. Hopefully I still have them packed away some where, it's been a few years since I last went. Just a rough guess though I would say in the $250-$400 per critter for a normal size animal cape and skull. With smaller animals you can group a few in one crate and it will save on some of the shipping fees but you still pay Dip & Crating for each one plus import fees and taxes.

I recommend using a local fur dresser (USA side) for quality reasons. Hook up with your taxidermist before you leave for your hunt and he can give you all the info you need on who to have your capes delivered to. I've never been impressed with taxidermy work I've seen done over there either. It is cheaper for a reason. Plus you have a high probability of them crating it incorrectly and rubbing hair off of your cape.

Good thing is you have up to two years to save up for all of those trophy fees and ship/dip fees. It's all worth it though!

Regardless of all this, it's a great time and a hunt you'll remember the rest of your life. Hunting Africa is an adventure everyone should experience at least once in their life.

• Like 2

would you be interested in trading any mounts you might want done currently or near future? I am a licensed taxidermist and would like to find out a little more info but this would be an awesome trip for my self and girlfriend. if you think you might want to do something call me at 623-204-3856 thanks dale parrish

I'd prefer to sell but it doesn't look like there's to much interest. I'll call you tomorrow there's a good chance we could work something out!

Does the hunt include any animals for the price or do you have to pay gor all animals?

Nope basically what you are getting is the guide, lodging and food for 4 people for 10 days. I included the price list of animals in the past but not sure its legible on the other end. Considering that's only $500 per hunter that's a pretty good deal I think