Sign in to follow this  
Edge

What guns or bow would you want back?

I have only sold a couple rifles over the years and they were here on the site. Nothing that brings regrets. However I do have a few in the gun safe that I will keep forever. Rifles handed down from my grandpa and dad. Probably not worth a lot but lots of sentimental value.

• Like 6

My dad let me keep a 20ga Win pump I grew up downing birds with. I moved to WA and could buy oc elk tags for hunts with shotguns 16ga. and larger. Made sense to me to sell it.

Well I wish I had it back cuz it's been 20 years and my 88 year old father still bitches about me selling it every time the topic of guns comes up.

• Like 2

Had an old pump action BB gun I traded off when I was about 13.

Winchester model 62 pump 22, octagon barrel, flip up adjustable rear sight. Traded for a boat motor.

• Like 1

My 4 boys have been on the receiving end of a gun gift from their grandpa and I have warned them that under no terms do they ever sell those guns to anybody but me.

Having said that....I am getting ready to sell my old 79 ford that I can't afford to fix and it is breaking my heart.....I will regret it for the rest of my life......

• Like 3

Oh don't even get me started on trucks and cars I regret. I'm sitting on my 1990 Toyota right now and wife wants to sell it but I just cant

• Like 2

My 4 boys have been on the receiving end of a gun gift from their grandpa and I have warned them that under no terms do they ever sell those guns to anybody but me.

Having said that....I am getting ready to sell my old 79 ford that I can't afford to fix and it is breaking my heart.....I will regret it for the rest of my life......

Don't do it!!!!! Sold a 79 CJ5 with a 304 cause we were starting the family and couldn't afford to keep it and have something for a car seat. Still regret it.

Winchester model 62 pump 22, octagon barrel, flip up adjustable rear sight. Traded for a boat motor.

I don't know, got to have a motor on dat boat, close call

we had one of those .22's when I was a kid, beautiful rifle. Begged my dad not to sell it but he wasn't about to listen to a 10 year old.

• Like 1

All I ever wanted was a 22/410 over under and what does grandpa give to my oldest.....yep, 22/410.....but I did get the coveted hex barrell from my grandpa Pace......guns like that can cause family issues my brothers weren't too happy but I got the draw out of the hat and got away with that family relic......

• Like 2

Yup trucks are a sore subject at my house. Got rid of my power wagon and my wife got rid of her fj so we could save on gas. Stupidest thing we ever did.

My dad let me keep a 20ga Win pump I grew up downing birds with. I moved to WA and could buy oc elk tags for hunts with shotguns 16ga. and larger. Made sense to me to sell it.

Well I wish I had it back cuz it's been 20 years and my 88 year old father still bitches about me selling it every time the topic of guns comes up.

This reminded me of a 10/22 stainless that my dad gave me and I sold to a friend. He bitched about it for about three years before I finally convinced my friend to sell it back to me for more money than he paid of course. I told my dad that I finally got it back and he said "good bring it over and give it to me!" No way dad. A gift is a gift. So I put fiber optic sites on it and a sling. Bought a twenty five round clip for it and gave it to my nephew. It was one of the older stainless models that were actually stainless steel and not coated. His friend recently offered him 400$ for it. But I hope he doesn't sell it or I'll be like my dad and want it back.
  • Like 1

I was counting as I was reading this and I came up with about 16 firearms give or take that I have sold or given away as gifts. Most on this site (thank you Amanda). Out of all of those I had a Remington 700 in 270 that I really miss. It really wasn't anything special but it sure could shoot. I think it went to a guy in this site about ten years ago. It had a laminated stock and 24" barrel and open sites mounted with a Nikon scope. I think the guy was going to tear it apart for a custom build. Again it wasn't anything spectacular but it was, to this day, the best shooting out of the box with factory ammo shooting rifle I have ever shot. If your out there I hope your enjoying that gun. It was "The One That Got Away".

• Like 1

I don't sell guns or tools, that is my rule. I did sell a couple of both when I was out of work once but they were things I didn't have a connection to really and I knew I would replace them with something better that I actually wanted when times were better.I had duplicates of the tools and other guns that would do the same job as what I parted with. A Walmart special Rem. 700 in 3006 and a shotgun.

That was over 5 years ago and I don't have regrets.

That said I prob won't part with many more in the rest of my years.

Harley

I wish I could have back the ones I had to sell last December and January due to my back injury. off work and to pay for bills. Armalite AR, S&W 357 Mag. Taurus 38. Rem 700 in 243 and one quad!