Hyperwrx

Bobcat Trapping Banned in California Today

I've never seen a bobcat in the wild.

You must not spend very much time in the wild...
bs, he's not been in the right place at the right time. Ask him how many bears he's seen, its an inordinate number.

I encountered a lynx in northern WA. but no bobcats to that date. Then one day in UT saw 5 bobcats including 2 kittens.

Lol, I was being sarcastic Mphunter is a dedicated outdoorsman from what I can tell, those kitties can be elusive. I've only seen a handful but yet to kill one.

gotcha.

I know folks spending decades up on the rim and still ain't got a glimpse of Mogollon Man.

Only seen a few bobcats (that weren't in our traps) in the wild.

I see the Mogollon Man every summer during our fishing trips. He only comes out after a bottle or two have died!

• Like 1

bs, he's not been in the right place at the right time. Ask him how many bears he's seen, its an inordinate number.

I encountered a lynx in northern WA. but no bobcats to that date. Then one day in UT saw 5 bobcats including 2 kittens.

Lol, I was being sarcastic Mphunter is a dedicated outdoorsman from what I can tell, those kitties can be elusive. I've only seen a handful but yet to kill one.

gotcha.

I know folks spending decades up on the rim and still ain't got a glimpse of Mogollon Man.

I see the Mogollon Man every summer during our fishing trips. He only comes out after a bottle or two have died!

Amazing, yes I hear you must first enter the spirit world to see him.
  • Like 1

gotcha.

Amazing, yes I hear you must first enter the spirit world to see him.

Yes sir.

They need to ban Transvestites over there. They are Predators!...........BOB!

• Like 1

Since you brought it up can you clear up on what these words mean? The LGBT community means Lesbians, Gay, BY, Trans. Are not all of these people? Gay? If a Trans gets changed are they now not Gay anymore. Is a lesbians Gay? It is all very queer to me. Is anybody enlightened about this conundrum? :blink:

Eventually they'll ban hunting altogether in CA - Land of liberal idiots. You couldn't pay me to move there. Beautiful country but stupid ignorant ARAs all over the place. I think a lot of hunters have said screw it... why send money to CA to defend trapping when the ban is inevitable anyway. Instead pool our resources and focus on protecting hunting/trapping in AZ and surrounding states. CA is so far out there they are a lost cause. It's a shame. Sounds like mercer put up a good fight thought. I wonder if he is going to move out of CA now.

This definitely will put extra pressure on AZs Bobcats. CA is loaded with Bobcats, now it will be more so.

I may have to shoot a bobcat while over there for my deer hunt, just on principle. Those desert hippies that just got this ban passed have their sites set on more bans too. Stopping hunting in the Mohave National Preserve is big on the anti hunting agenda in CA. Don't think for a minute a lot of those people are not working hard in AZ for the same type of bans. They think they have Momentum now too.

• Like 1

Don't think for a minute a lot of those people are not working hard in AZ for the same type of bans. They think they have Momentum now too.

You have to give these foolish organizations some credit. They can rally the forces and get people motivated. Few states can prevail when all the hippies get behind a cause. Be thankful, they congregate in just a few states.

In 1994 Arizona trappers suffered a terrible loss with Prop 201, which banned the use of snares, leg hold, and most body gripping traps on public land. 58% voted in favor of the ban. These fanatic organization could mount an attack in Arizona again and have the resources to do it.

Hunters and trappers are an apathetic bunch until after their rights are taken away, then they scream and cry. Duck hunters seldom worry about deer hunters and predator hunters shrug when elk hunters complain. It's this type of attitude that divides outdoors men and creates the cracks in the foundation that these antis get their fingers into and get a hold of an issue and run with it. There are a few states that have withstood the antis successfully. Nevada being one of them.

True trappers/hunters across the SouthWest put time, money, and effort into the CA fight from beginning until the end because they realize that their state could be next. Arizona could be next and it would take a different attitude across this state to beat it. Get involved in your local hunting/trapping organization at any level. Become a member. We can't wait until these wacko organizations target our state, we have to mount an offence and collect the data necessary to repel them investigating if our foundation has cracks.

Pray it doesn't happen.

• Like 1

I agree and it seems nothing but bad comes out of California. We do need to be careful and work together to keep what we have now. It will be interesting to see when the cats overpopulate and start eating their beloved cats and small dogs. Maybe then it will be ok to remove a few. But then again maybe the cats will have to kill a human before they decide to do something like they did with the Mtn Lion ban. Who knows hold on to your shorts and see what happens next.

Lion attacks have done nothing to deter the backward thinking of Californians. Lions are all over in CA now and the news documents periodical attacks. For some a human life is worth less than an animal's.