Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

SOLD 91 Toyota 4Runner

SOLD

This is one of those "hate to see it go" sales. I'm posting here before I run any ad on craigslist. It would thrill me to know it's being used as intended and built. The reason for the sale is wife doesn't really want to go out wheeling and for me a quad is fine. To many toys, only so much space and I'm not buying a new house.

1991 Toyota 4Runner for sale. 3.0 5 speed top of the line. Power windows (all work) power door locks (all work) power antenna and sun roof work great.

... the good, the bad, the ugly...

The good...

Reliable as the day is long. It starts, runs fantastic, very cold AC with new compressor. New alternator and battery (just because I want to know it will start in the back country). 3.0 rebuilt by toyota runs like butter. Transmission/clutch in great shape. Body protection all the way around. Custom rack built for the top with LED flood lights front and rear. Rack also has hi-lift which is included. Smittybuilt Winch and CB. Redone front suspension with new arms and ball joints. tie rod ends are perfect. No shimmy, wobble or other drive issues. New 32 inch rubber. Rear coils replaced and in great shape. Always runs cool even idling in traffic with the AC on. Manual front hubs. Aussie locker in the rear and I also have the original gears if you ever want to remove them but I don't see why you would... it climbs like crazy. JVC Stereo and even the power antenna works. No leaks except for the power steering, see below. EDIT: It was bugging me so I just bought new rear shocks as they were due. Not yet installed but soon will be.

The Bad...

Power steering has leaked since I bought it. The one issue I haven't bothered with as I just top it off now and then. It does have 225,000 on the odometer but you certainly couldn't guess by driving it. I trust it completely.

The ugly...

Not much other than pin stripes as I would hope you expect. I never abused or thrashed this awesome truck. It has not been a daily driver, rather just a weekend toy / hunting truck kept in the garage.

Asking $4500

Dave

602-400-3373

Images coming

Dang this is a nice Arizona hunting rig! It would be in my garage if I had the space!

Any headgasket issues, coolant loss, or moisture in the oil? Was the truck taken in for the service campaigns when they were still going on?

Thanks

Any headgasket issues, coolant loss, or moisture in the oil? Was the truck taken in for the service campaigns when they were still going on?

Thanks

No coolant loss, no moisture in the oil, papers from toyota on the service campaigns (head gaskets).

No oil or water leaks except power steering.

I'll add that I wouldn't sell a vehicle without disclosing any known issue. We are all like family here right?

Great looking ride! I think it is crazy that this has lasted this long, but If a Polaris ranger was for sale for same price, it would sell quickly. Great looking hunting rig!!

Free Bump

Sold Pending Funds! Thanks for all the kind feedback and PM's.

It should be gone this evening. If by some chance it isn't I'll update the thread. Thanks. Someone's son is getting a very nice ride.

Sold... It's gone! I am so glad it went to a great family.