It's a good unit. You should do well. Hunt during the middle of the week if you can, weekends can get crowded in 33.

The Coues Hunting in AZ section is a goldmine of info for 33. I would start there and on the AZGFD website. Just search '33' in the threads and you have your work cut out reading all the posts!

Get off the roads and start gaining altitude.

I mean hike back in a couple of miles to get away from people.

Most hunt off the roads there.

Always bruisers in 33 just gotta look for them.

Awesome guys thank you. I have hunted 24a,24b,abd 23 all my life. Moved to Tucson and want to learn some new area. Headed up to globe next weekend for bears. Have 4 on camera..

My buddy's son had a late 33 last year ,we glassed up several nice bucks not far off the road , you don't always have to hike miles to see deer especially that unit just have a capable off-road vehicle some of this unit is rough and that's where I always find deer

Took both kids up a few years back on the early hunt and I never stepped foot in the unit prior. I got info from the azgfd website and it paid off. My son killed a buck the first day and my daughter missed two different bucks. There are a lot of nice coues in that unit-and more rattlesnakes than any area I've ever been to. Bring snake boots or gaiters on early hunts. Good luck.

My buddy's son had a late 33 last year ,we glassed up several nice bucks not far off the road , you don't always have to hike miles to see deer especially that unit just have a capable off-road vehicle some of this unit is rough and that's where I always find deer

especially with a late tag lol

I have heard there are some big deer in 33... I know some guys who have killed some big ones in there! Best of luck!