Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Yeti, Grizzly, and Canyon Coolers What is the Difference???

YETI is pretty popular with the country folk...

"It could buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets!"

• Like 3

I have a pelican. Its a badas-s cooler. I like them better than any of the ones you mentioned.

One difference I notice cause I was looking into to same thing. I believe the canyon has a lifetime warranty and the yeti only has a few years.

Go on Rokslide.com forum and look at the thread about high end coolers. One of their admins did a great test with all the higher end coolers and the results were a little surprising. I think Canyon came in as being the best buy, outlasting yeti in an ice test. Pelican also scored really high marks. It is a great thread and very informative.

• Like 3

I own one of each, and honestly, Grizzly gets my vote. They are the only one of the three manufactured in the USA, and they have a lifetime warranty. Canyon cooler is also a lifetime warranty, and Yeti is 5 years. If I were to rate them 1-3 based on fit and finish, Grizzly would be #1, followed by Yeti, and then Canyon. As far as price goes, my rating is Canyon, then Grizzly, and last is Yeti.

I've got a couple canyons and I have no complaints, definitely comparable to my father-in-laws yeti but not nearly as pricey.

I love my grizzly so far.

Guest 300ultramag.

I have a pelican. Its a badas-s cooler. I like them better than any of the ones you mentioned.

porque

bought a pelican a few years back. First trip out held ice for eleven days! No one believes me but my frozen gallon jugs didn't leak or melt at all, my ice cubes melted but still had enough cube to make a drink with. I killed on the 3rd day so it had a quartered coues in it as well. We moved the food and such to my buddy's Coleman. Every day we took ice from the pelican and out it in the Coleman. My meat was about frozen when we left. Pelican may not be the best but it did really good on that first trip. Second trip it lasted 8 days before I had just icy water. So on and so on..... I took it with me on a scouting trip in May. Only put two bags of ice in it for 3 days (95qt) it was melted in 2 days. What ever one you choose if reccomend filling with as much ice as you can, make it cold before you take a trip, and freeze your last eatin food.
  • Like 1

I've got a 65 qt pelican and to be honest I won't be buying another high end cooler. It's tough as nails and holds ice forever but I really don't see the point in it. There are a few situations such as when we elk hunt in the Gila where we are 60+ miles from civilization and a place to get more ice, but we've actually just started bringing a small freezer on those hunts. We got it used for half the price of my pelican cooler. I have a few of the really big cheap igloo coolers (150qt) they weigh half and much and hold twice as much as a high end cooler. If I'm hunting within 10-15 miles of a gas station (almost always) I just grab a few extra bags every couple days. Yes I could save a few dollars on ice if I ran high end coolers but it would take decades for that to pay off. I have never beed around the big 150+ qt premium coolers but I can't imagine they are any lighter then our freezer. My 65 qt must weigh 50 pounds empty let alone full of ice.

Guest 300ultramag.

my employer gets me 20% off yetis right now. not in my price range (as I have school to pay for) but its good to dream

• Like 1

My brother's tan Yeti warped in the back of his truck and would not seal properly. They exchanged it for a white one and it has survived the AZ sun.

I have a Igloo 55-qt Sportsman cooler, which was $199 at Sam's Club. Great cooler for the price but it's heavy and take up a lot of space. I still go back to my old faithful Coleman Xtreme Marine cooler for shorter trips and to hold the beer on longer ones. The Igloo stays closed to hold meat and ice for the long haul. I think Igloo is making a 70-qt now.