Sign in to follow this  
huntwithme2

digital scale

I have a dillon that has served me well.

I have an RCBS chargemaster 1500 that I dispense quick with then double weigh on my Sartorious Entris 323-1 for exact measurements. The Sartorious is a little over board but when you look into weighing you will see there are 2 different scale types Strain Guage which is most least expensive scales and then there is Magneticforce Restoration. Strain takes a minute to read Magneticforce is instant.

• Like 1

Rcbs

This!

Buy the charge master and be done with, you can setup all your loads in memory and the electronic dispenser saves a ton of time.

I use the chargemaster, hornady, and a scientific scale (lab scale). My process is having the chargemaster distribute a lighter load +/- a grain, I toss that on the lab scale and then trickle up to my desired amount. It is interesting to see how much the throws vary when you are measuring to an additional decimal place. This is how I roll, but it is not for everyone.

Good process especially for the larger stick powders. I found that when I am using the Ramshot, ball powders I don't have the issue I get on a small percentage of the stick powders like a Retumbo. My go to gun now pretty much only eats one load using RS Magnum which makes things a whole lot easier. I like the second step especially when working up new loads and that special box of 50 rounds just for killing critters. For long range target work (not setting ballistics charts or dev work) I am no longer willing to go through all the extras I used to do. I still do the final ogive check on the seating even with a micrometer seating die foe VLD bullets, can't get over that one.

All of this in addition to standard prep work gets very tiresome for killing iron:

Weigh cases, weigh bullets, check ogive, meplat trimming, double check powder weight, final adjustment based on ogive measurement for bullet seating... etc