Sign in to follow this  
TwoOneEight Photography

Still trying to locate Bulls for my first Elk Hunt in 6A:(

Cows are good as posted. A mineral block placed in the right location will have quick results, if placed in the right location. Its pretty easy no need for a water hole.

• Like 1

You have gotten some really good advice so far that I definitely would agree with. Don't be discouraged about not seeing bulls yet. As pointed out, look for cows and old rubs. And get out there scouting the last 2 weeks before the season. You will hear them bugling early in the morning.

I have had cameras out for 2 months and as far as elk go, all I've seen are some little bulls and cows. I mostly put them out for the deer and for fun. Where I hunt in 8 the big bulls don't show up until the rut starts so it is pointless to try to find them in July. I will put a camera on a wallow I know when the deer season starts in another week and leave that out until the elk season starts. Once they start using the wallow it will be nice to know what is around.

Good luck and keep at it, they are there.

• Like 1

Trade u some 6a info for the cords to that sweet coues buck. Lol pm me with any ?s u might have and great video.

• Like 3

All of my scouting efforts are centered around cows. Spikes are with cows too. The big ones will join them later. The big bulls will go back to their hiding areas if they don't get a cow so it doesn't hurt to know where bulls hang out as well but if you've got a good herd of cows, the odds are there will be a bull with them.

• Like 2

I would probably stop taking dogs into check camera. you don't want additional scents. There are a lot of elk in 6A. PM me if you hve anymore trouble

• Like 2

I have bears yotes, fox, deer,elk, wildland firefighters on foot and in a ranger, also a rancher on a quad...the animals are used to different scents. I also take my dog when checking cams and hours after checking they still visit.

James

• Like 1