Sign in to follow this  
desertotter

MeatEater Volume 9 Ep1 SKY ISLAND SOLITAIRE: BACKPACK HUNTING COUES DEER IN ARIZONA

Opened my email this morning and saw an email from MeatEater, the tv show with Steve Rinella. Basically the email said the new season started tonight and thank you for being apart of the mailing list. Reading a little further down, they sent a link for a free episode. Follow the link and type in the code MEATEATERMAIL and you can watch it. You don't have to fill in any credit card info just go to the "use code" tab under Postal Code.

https://meateater.vhx.tv/buy/volume-9-ep-1-sky-island-solitaire-backpack-hunting-coues-deer-in-arizona

I thought it was a very good episode.

• Like 1

I watched it yesterday. I liked it but liked the Western Hunter Coues episode better. Both outstanding though.

• Like 2

I watched it yesterday. I liked it but liked the Western Hunter Coues episode better. Both outstanding though.

I did too and agree. I love both of these shows though with ridge reaper rounding out the hat trick. I just want to know how Chris never has any other hunters around him. I know he doesn't walk THAT far from the truck.

Thanks for the link!! I will be hunting in that area come oct, nice to get an idea of the terrain and what to expect.

Thank you for sharing this with us! I wanted to see the episode and was super happy to be able to. I laughed when he said it's something you can do every year though. That used to be true, now more and more people are hunting them. The days of left over tags are in the past, at least for this guy it seems.

I did too and agree. I love both of these shows though with ridge reaper rounding out the hat trick. I just want to know how Chris never has any other hunters around him. I know he doesn't walk THAT far from the truck.

it was a decmeber tag

Ah. I thought it said November. I do remember Chris saying Dec though.

Yeah the description of the show said November but he said December. Unless it was the late Nov through early Dec hunt. Guess in the end it really doesn't matter. Enjoyed both shows.

Brian

I like that show a lot. It is not just another guided rich guy hunting show with a big kill every episode. He really gets to the heart of hunting as an experience, not just killing.

This was a good episode. Pretty deep sentiments and shows what time spent alone can let you experience and bring back a lot of memories.

• Like 1

Those that like that show and feel also check out Western Hunter. Similar feel. They hike in deep usually OTC tags so they go real deep multi night camps to get away from everyone, and leave the field empty handed sometimes just like the rest of us.

Great episode