Sign in to follow this  
Presmyk

glassing the pears

This time of year do you glass all day for bear or just till noonish? Or are they moving all day even in the heat?

I hope they are in the pears they have so much food to choose from right now good luck to you I will also be looking in the pears Friday in 6a

as in hunting for anything, the earlier the better. but don't quit because it gets warm bears tend to eat a bunch, take a nap, take big greasy dump and feed again, then repeat. several times a day. could catch one feeding anytime. check out the oaks and junipers too. they love acorns and juniper berries. Lark.

• Like 4

as in hunting for anything, the earlier the better. but don't quit because it gets warm bears tend to eat a bunch, take a nap, take big greasy dump and feed again, then repeat. several times a day. could catch one feeding anytime. check out the oaks and junipers too. they love acorns and juniper berries. Lark.

;) ...your on the money .270 as long as they got water to cool off in then they jump back up in the pears all day long!!...they say there is a chemical in the fruit that cools or gives them the chills if the eat a lot???.... :wacko:

Will the bears still be same areas during Oct hunt as they were in augest?

Listen to Lark. Sounds like a movie. Coming this fall, Starring 270....................BOB!

the bears will be where the most food is. by october the pears should be done. look for acorns and juniper berries. when i was at the Rancho Neglecto last week i saw a lotta acorns and juniper berries in some places. didn't make it up high but was told by a local cowboy that the raspberries were really plentiful up high. bears will be in them fore sure. Lark.

Juniper berries are same elation as pears where I was hunting so they a still be in there? It would be a nasty long track to get to acorns. What's the longest some one has seen a bear travel?

I have seen them travel in and out of a mile long canyon and out of view in about 20 minutes. They can go for miles if they want too!

• Like 1

Juniper berries are same elation as pears where I was hunting so they a still be in there? It would be a nasty long track to get to acorns. What's the longest some one has seen a bear travel?

Into East Mesa.

Az has several kinda pears. the lower elevation ones get big fat and juicy and get ripe about now and will all pop within a few weeks from now. the bears seem like they travel down to them this time of year, and when they're done they will go back up to where the smaller pears are. they don't get as big and sweet, but bears will still get into em. and there is only a couple thousand feet difference in where they grow and the different kinds of pears can be within a few miles of each other. then they get into the acorns and juniper berries. acorns have about as high o' fat content as anything on earth. so do pinons. what folks don't realize, is so do juniper berries. if you look at a juniper berry, it is actually a little cone, real similar to a pine cone and it is full of little nuts. they are real small, probably about what i've heard casey's are like. but they are real high in fat. the bears gorge on acorns and juniper berries to get their hybernation layer built up. from now until the snow flys, they'll be in something fattening. good luck. don't shoot the little ones. Lark.

• Like 1

Bears and lions are probably the most "nomadic" big game animals in our state. they travel a long ways every day. some people say the last place you saw the bear should be the last place you look for him next time

• Like 1