Sign in to follow this  
jcarter

Archery bear Updated with few more pics

OK, I am just drooling over that color! If it is not checked in yet, PLEASE roll that hide out and take a photo that shows the entire hide so we can the coloration patterns on its back and legs!

TJ, ya I never planed on getting out of the blind. I had taken my quiver off my bow as soon as I git into the blind that morning, so when the bear went by out of range I just grabbed my bow and went. As I was at full draw and my mind was going a mile a minute I remember thinking "oh crap I only have one arrow and no pistol" I touched off the release and hoped for the best lol

I can only imagine the adrenalin that was flowing thru your veins. Holy crap Andy It had to be the most awesome experience ever. Thanks for sharing here on cwt. :)

TJ

That bear!!!!! Super nice colors! Congrats! How far away from the blind was he?

Josh he passed at about 65 yards and was walking off at a angle. No shooting lanes as it's pretty thick area

Beautiful bear! Congrats!

TJ, ya I never planed on getting out of the blind. I had taken my quiver off my bow as soon as I git into the blind that morning, so when the bear went by out of range I just grabbed my bow and went. As I was at full draw and my mind was going a mile a minute I remember thinking "oh crap I only have one arrow and no pistol" I touched off the release and hoped for the best lol

That will make sure you shoot straight! Nice bear