Sign in to follow this  
TonyC

Looking for one or two fishing poles for children

Hey everyone! If you have one or two fishing poles for kids all I ask is that you consider passing them down to my girls. I am excited to get my girls out fishing because I believe they will truly enjoy it and are about the right age to start!

Tony.

Not silly at all buddy! I had my eye on those for a bit. I was thinking about just doing a cheap bobber set-up for some bluegills and very light line like 4 or 6lb. Not sure where I would go but I want it to be near home just in case the trip goes "south" and I need to end it short. So probably will be a local pond nearby... maybe the golf course across the road? haha..

Although I prefer a non-disney rod.. haha my girls will probably love it.. Someone had a good idea of bringing them there and letting them pick it out at the store.. I might try something like that. Just have to make sure they only pick the poles that are within my limits.. I'm thinking I'll grab a few and set them on a counter away from the others and then let them choose from the selection I give them.

• Like 1

The closest lake I know of is the veteran's oasis or something like that?? There is a canal somewhat nearby I think but its probably about the same distance.

The closest lake I know of is the veteran's oasis or something like that??

This place looks perfect for a close getaway with the kids.

• Like 1

Do you ever pass through the bullhead city area? I've got quite a few that I don't use anymore and they are decent rods. Most were $50 or more....

That's a good distance away; however, we do plan on visiting family sometime in November or December which we could plan on making a stop by before reaching Nevada.

I disappeared off the face of the earth for a bit due to training. I'm officially a commercial rated pilot! We also already made the trip out to NV for Thanksgiving. I forgot all about this post :o

Anyway, I appreciate the offers for the rods but it's nothing I can't afford when the time comes that I feel the girls have just enough patience to get out and try fishing for the first time! Once again, thank you all and hope the holidays are full of cheer and joy.

I will be posting my girl's first experience with pictures(and maybe a video if it isn't complete chaos...)

Tony, come by my house. I have a bunch of poles you can barrow and a few you can have. I can tell you about some places you can take your girls.

Adam

• Like 2

I was taking a neighbor kid to fish a park nearby, it grew to 5 kids that had never fished quickly. Home depot for the bamboo tree supports (7' long) tied some line and a bobber and those kids tore up the bluegill old school! Just an idea.

• Like 3

My daughter Reyna, caught her first fish at Saguaro Lake on her "Barbie" fishing pole, and it was a 5 pound Bass! It freaked me out because we had the boat beached and she cast out just past the stern and WHAM.....there goes her brand new pole getting dragged into the water. I waded in after it, got it, and give to to her. She struggled like a trooper and landed it. Then she wanted to let it go...so we did!

Great memories!

• Like 2