Sign in to follow this  
JustinB

My smallest but probably will be one of the most memorable

So being a Dad of 3 young girls life is obviously busy. The season opener came and went getting kids to school and daycare. Too busy Friday night to make it out. Saturday rolls around and the morning starts of with a soccer game then a soccer party. Take care some of the chores around the house and off to a kids birthday party at 5:00. Well I wasn't going to miss my opportunity! Told everyone to load up and that while one kid was at the party the rest of us were going to go take the available 2 hours and hit the woods. through my bow and my bag in and off we went. At 6:30 as we were about to wrap it up and head back to pick up my daughter our path crossed with this little guy. Standing there in my flip flops, shorts and a t shirt this little guy fed past at 43 yard. With my wife and 2 other girls behind me (and encouraging me) I let the arrow fly and CRACK. My wife and oldest start getting loud and excited! He went 30 yards and piled up running. My daughter who gets to try and hunt herself next year keep saying how awesome it was. At 9 years old she jumped right in to help me clean him up and drag him back to the truck. The best part is we were only 5 minutes late to pick our other daughter up from the party (all be it covered in blood from my elbows down). My families excitement was incredible and contagious. Stilling laughing about how it all played out.

Best part I think I sealed the deal on at least 2 new hunting partners. My wife picked up the sport last year with me and missed a deer but now thoroughly seems excited about it and My oldest daughter! Cant wait to spend many days in the field with each.

post-12676-0-30476200-1440441921_thumb.jpg

post-12676-0-16521000-1440441929_thumb.jpg

post-12676-0-55947400-1440441941_thumb.jpg

post-12676-0-50368800-1440441953_thumb.jpg

post-12676-0-13809000-1440442139_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Awesome! That is what it is all about!

Man...where's the love button on this post! Awesome!

BTW I half expected the same thing to happen to me...we went exploring on Saturday afternoon in the truck. Didn't take my bow with me, so I just knew we'd see a buck. Didn't see any deer, but the kids had a blast.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your deer and getting the family involved as well. I was told that if you don't look like a hunter, camo and all, your chances of getting close is much better. You made me a believer. No need for any more camo. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Great job. Urban camos. Thats how I hunted sat afternoon as well it was to dam hot to put on camos. I did have tennis shoes.

These are my favorite stories

That's Super cool, I have pictures of my daughter at 5 helping me cut up a deer. Those memories last forever.

Guest 300ultramag.

Booyah! I showed this to my 6yo daughter!!!! love this. Great shot and the fact that it was just an afternoon romp makes it all the better

Great story and great job at taking advantage of the opportunity you had. Surely a memory you and your family will remember for a long, long time.