Sneaker

Camera Etiquitte

I don't set cameras. Not cuz I think its unfair, I just don't want to have em stolen or forget where I put em. I usualy never end up back in a spot I scouted anyway.

My father in law has 8 cams all over 1 and 27. Has had them up for years with nothing more then an old bungee cord. Never on water and never on a used trail. Has never lost one or had one stolen. Only one was destroyed and that was because of the fire. Always tons of good game on them.

I read this thread and scratch my head. Everyone expects others to be nice and to not touch their Camera...sounds like a bunch of Democrats.

I have had it with cameras on every waterhole I come across. We all like to walk a waterhole to get an idea of what is around but not to have our photo and video

taken.

I visited 6 waterholes this last weekend, 2 in the wilderness of which one was 1.5 mi past the "barrier". Of course, most likely, the camera owner drove past the barrier and into the wilderness to access the camera.

My "camera Etiquette" has changed from acceptance to, If i had my 9mm with me I would have put multiple bullet holes in these cameras and most likely will the next time I am in the wilderness!

I believe it is a question of fair chase. Get out and pound the dirt to scout instead of a single camera providing 8,760 hours a year doing it for you!

Mighty high horse you have sir. You probably mount that high horse after you log off google earth, get into your cushy truck, use your gps, mount your quad, then finally hike with your fancy boots.. all for a chance to shoot a buck with your super fast bow and sight able to dial in 100 plus yards using your range finder. It's all just technology pal.