Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Big bull video

Good job David. Good luck on your hunt this year. :)

TJ

Great video. What was the date? The only actual elk breeding that I've witnessed has been right around October 1st but that has been in CO and WY. I'm curious if AZ is different.

Cow Killer - I've seen bulls breed cows as early as late August/early sept (very rare) and as late as mid November. With the majority bred around Sept 23-30. Thats my experience in 1/3c/23.

On another note, last year I was with my son on his birthday March 4th and saw a mulie breed a doe. By far the latest I've ever seen it.

Great video, I remember seeing it last time you posted it, Giant tops on that bull.

Thanks WHT_MTNMAN I've got an early rifle tag in 23 starting Sept 25. Sounds like it should be the peak of the breeding.

Here in my part of CO mule deer breed in late November but I once saw a buck breed a doe in mid-January. He had already shed one antler!

Cowkiller, hope you realize what an incredible tag you have! You are going to be in for a treat. Please post pics after your hunt.

mc68 I'm glad you think I have a good tag. I know one thing. It took 21 points and I'll never have it again. The excitement and the pressure are both building. I've done the best I can learning the unit from afar and made one scouting trip. If you know 23s I'd love to talk to you about it if you don't mind.