ruthunter

(2) Archery strip bucks down!

Guest 300ultramag.

Ha!!!! Those bucks are sooo nice they deserve seperate threads!!!!!! Seriously congrats

I don't have a brother ,or I would try that too...................BOB!

Congrats on some toads!! I am pretty sure you guys dropped these off the taxidermist right when I pulled up to drop off my bear. These are the type of bucks I dream about.

OH HOW AWESOME!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON 2 AMAZING BUCKS!!!

Congratulations on awesome bucks.

TJ

Big congrats to you both. One heck of an achievement. there's got to be two great stories to these, any chance you could fill us in?? Spot and stalk, were they bedded, ambush etc. etc..

Love to hear the details of big deer taken with archery equipment.

Guys thx for the kind words! We did a scouting package with Chads guide Service and made one trip up there with him 4 weeks before the season. We did not have any guide or guides in camp during the hunt. We feel fortunate to take 2 bucks over 200". The dropper was my #1 buck because of his dropper and it was just a plus that he went Easily over 200". We had seen the dropper one time 4 weeks before the season but he was never on camera leading up to the hunt. On the fourth night I sat a waterhole in the area we had seen him and to my surprise he came in and gave me a 45 yd shot. He ran 50yds and the rest was history.

My brother had pattern the deer he was hunting and he had noticed they were taking the same path to there bedding area. He sat the area in hopes they would continue the same patterns and luckily they did. His buck along with 3 others walked into him and he shot his at 50yds.

We both feel lucky to have filled a dream of killing bucks over 200" with a bow. My dropper has been scored as low as 205" and as high as 212". My brothers buck was scored as low as 217" and as high as 221". Both of us were shooting PSE HD decrees with gravedigger broad heads.

• Like 2