Sign in to follow this  
Jay Scott

Giant Archery Arizona Coues Buck by Hunter James Dudley

James is a big dude, he will dwarf that deer, it may seem small, but I'm sure these pictures don't do it justice.

I have hunted with Trevor and Brandon on a few occasions and they're awesome dudes to be around, I'm sure this beast is big, but really? Who cares about 10-20", the experience of this hunt would've made a 70" buck an awesome buck.

• Like 3

This buck is a true giant. I was with James through it all and I can say that these pictures do not do the buck justice. I can also say that James has scored the buck "un-officialy" several times to make sure that he was as acurate as he could be before throwing any score out. That being said, every score was over 140 gross. James is not the type of guy to exagurate or fabricate a story or score for attention. He doesnt need to. If the buck was anything less he would have said it, and still have killed a bigger coues than most guys will have ever laid eyes on. He gains nothing by saying the buck is bigger than he is. This a buck of a lifetime for all invloved and wil be the most memerable hunt any of us have or will be a part of. Anyone can speculate or think the buck is less than he is, but at the end of the day, James found a monster and was able to harvest him in a truy remarkable way.

• Like 1

I spoke with James about this buck. After crunching numbers and seeing different pictures and video, I was wrong in my original judgement. I will not say an exact number that i came up with, but it is a lot closer to 140" than i thought. Huge bodied and deer and a big dude standing next to it changes a lot of perspective. Huge buck with crazy mass. Love seeing an average Joe kill animals like. this

• Like 2

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IkgQsyuYg My name is James Dudley I shot this monster buck on Tuesday and I cant believe all of the kind worlds i have received. Thank all of you who have commented, I really appreciate the support. Check out this link www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7IkgQsyuYg and you will see the mass and body on this Giant. And for the dude who thinks its not a giant. What score do you think is a giant?

Amazing buck, congrats.

I'm curious how that left side will be officially scored. I think his left side technically does not have a G3 since the point that would be his G3 comes off at the base of his G2 it would be scored as a non typical point. Not that it really matters, huge buck however it is scored.

• Like 1

As soon as i get it back from freeze drier, and drying period I will have it scored but you are probably right KWP. Im not close to a professional scorer. The mass is what makes him "huge". Im curious also how it will be scored

Congratulations on a really beautiful buck and thanks for sharing it here on cwt. :)

TJ

Ya I'm the dude, didn't look 140+ , so let me retract my statement, he's huge and so is the guy how shot him, don't get butt hurt

• Like 1

Hey James congrats on a great story. You must have the same work schedule I do to be out in the feild , its a blessing.

• Like 1

A giant buck is a giant buck, no matter what the tape measure says.

This is a giant buck

heck with the tape measure, that buck is the trophy of a life time no matter what number you out on it. Congrats!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this