Sign in to follow this  
loco4coues

Minox 15x58 ED (with issues-see post)

For sale:

Minox 15x58 ED

Full disclosure: no scratches on the lenses. these have been working awesome for me for many years. Very crisp and clear, I've loved using them. During the 2014 deer season, I set them up on the tripod to glass one evening and I could not get them to focus without seeing double vision. I could get the double vision to go away but then the picture was extremely out of focus. Then if it was in focus it had double vision. I contacted Minox and they are not under warranty. They told me that I could ship them to Minox and they could do an exploratory diagnosis for about $120. Then go from there as far as cost to fix them.

I'm just looking to sell these to someone else who might want to hassle with them. I'm going to need to save some pennies for some new glass. :)

I don't even know what to price these at. Let's start at:

$125

post-2355-0-70779100-1441056257_thumb.jpg

post-2355-0-10184500-1441056276_thumb.jpg

post-2355-0-53931600-1441056297_thumb.jpg

post-2355-0-48187100-1441056312_thumb.jpg

2 out of the last 3 items I sent in for optics warranty they either replaced or fixed for free. Send them in you never know they might come back and say it's free

Ok, I'm going to send them in and see what happens. Thanks!

Nikon and Weaver are both companies where their warranty you're supposed to have a receipt for them and both companies have fixed or replaced items for me when I don't have a receipt or a warranty card. I have not sent anything into Minox but often optics companies Repair for less then I have feared it would cost.. Now if Glasses all busted up then they better be VORTEX optics or your outta luck. 😁

Same thing happened to my minox 15x58's one of the barrels came loose from the body. Sent them to minox and they fixed them for free no questions asked.

• Like 2

The German models should have either a 20-30 year warranty on them. A buddy just sent his Japan minox in for repair and that's what they told him.

Same thing happened to my minox 15x58's one of the barrels came loose from the body. Sent them to minox and they fixed them for free no questions asked.

I had the same exact thing happen to mine. Fixed them for free.