Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Video of Natives Hunting With Spears

Pretty sad an animal has to die like that.

Serious? I think it's sort of awesome. Considering the spear has been around for 300,000 years. These guys havent evolved very far.

Gruesome per today's U.S. standards but a way of life to those tribes who do it to eat. No trophy hunting or "ethical" shots with that group. Just a kill it and make it quit moving attitude!! Very few butcher shops to buy meat from in the heart of Africa I'm sure.

• Like 4

Its not pleasant, but still a lot more merciful than lions, bears and especially wolves. Ever seen a wolf kill? They just pile up on the critter and dig in, start eating it while its still alive. Wolves are the Robert Downey jr of the animal world.

• Like 1

Hasn't anyone lectured these guys on chuck/don't chuck situations? No quartering chucks, or Texas heart chucks or long range chucking. Just cause it's legal doesn't mean it's ethical, or wait, does it.

• Like 8

"I am sick of all the misses and wounded animals"

Just kidding. This is how my ancestors survived. Their instinctual need for survival has become a part of me. I don't hunt because I need to survive, but there is a fire inside of me that drives me to hunt. If I deny that burn, I will be less than I am!

• Like 2

Serious? I think it's sort of awesome. Considering the spear has been around for 300,000 years. These guys havent evolved very far.

I understand your thoughts about the weapon being around for centuries. This is what they had to hunt with. We have evolved tho to be a better hunter and have developed weapons that make us more efficient so animals don't have to suffer. I love animals and hunt them any time I can but i try to make a clean, quick kill. I don't think any animals should suffer other than cockroaches and the political party that has ruined this country.

Its not pleasant, but still a lot more merciful than lions, bears and especially wolves. Ever seen a wolf kill? They just pile up on the critter and dig in, start eating it while its still alive. Wolves are the Robert Downey jr of the animal world.

Yes I have. I worked the 4 Drag ranch with Dean Warren on Eagle creek and have seen several wolf kills. It's not pleasant.

Going against a hippo with a spear takes a HUGE set.

Color me impressed.

More D

• Like 2

With that many people running around and that many spears flying in a dynamic situation, I'm surprised more people aren't speared.

I found this link to a TV hunter who almost killed himself in a spear hunting accident when his spear fell out of the tree and went through his leg. Not fun.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2015/09/09/tim-wells-relentless-pursuit-impaled-spear-hunt-gone-wrong/

• Like 1