Christian2

6B archery bull

I have the early September 6B archery bull hunt. I have been doing a ton of scouting and have found many big Bulls and a ton of cows. Just wondering what everyone else is seeing?! I heard the Bulls bugling 2 weekends ago before light and the cows going crazy to. Has anyone else heard elk up there? Has the right started hearing up? Thanks Christian

• Like 1

I've made 5 or 6 scouting trips and heard a few bugles, but that was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I still have 4 cameras out if they havn't disappeared. Just waiting for Sep. 22 to head up. Good luck , save me a biggen.

Awesome! I'll be up the 10-14! I'll do by best to save ya a big one haha. Best of luck to you man!

I have quite a few days in 5b and I am still seeing the big bulls alone and staging. More young bulls are moving in on cows it seems, I did see one bull bugle but not very much in 5b. I spent a week in unit 1 and same deal but the bulls were bugling a lot where I was. About 8 am they were barking and bugling. Too cool. Also shadowed a small bull with a cow call and he was wanting to attack but he knew it was not for sure and we danced for an hour with him trying to circle for wind. Fun times. I lost count of torn up trees, more than I have ever seen before.

I was in 6b last night man. Saw a small 5x5 pushing like 30 cows, and a really nice, wide 6x6 or better screaming his head off and raking the heck out of trees! Had about 10 cows with him. Pretty awesome to see!

That's awesome! Rossiranch do you have a tag?! It's gonna be fun! Congrats on finding those!

I was in 6b last night man. Saw a small 5x5 pushing like 30 cows, and a really nice, wide 6x6 or better screaming his head off and raking the heck out of trees! Had about 10 cows with him. Pretty awesome to see!

Sorry to get a little off topic..... when you were in 6b did you see any bucks? I was there last Sunday and the unit was dead to wildlife. I am trying to get my first archery deer. Thanks in advance!

I was deer hunting in 6B on the opening weekend and saw a ton of deer and a huge 4 point. They are in there! Best of luck to you man!

No man no tag for me! And yeah man there was actually about 5 does with those elk. They were the most playful deer I have ever seen! I watched them for a few, only to see a nice 4x4 come and join them! I grabbed my bow but it got to dark on me. Then on the way out saw another 3-4 does with a tall 3x3