Sign in to follow this  
218buck

sitka versus kuiu

First lite corrugate guide pants are probably some of the most comfortable pants I've worn. Very lightweight and stretchy throughout.

how do they stand up to cat claw

• Like 1

Is it not true that sitka was made by kuiu founder then he sold out to corporate the sitka line and stared kuiu? Anyway I own zero of either. In az I think you can do without. If going to ak or late season in northern states it is good gear for sure.

You are correct, the founder of Kuiu was also the Co-founder of Sitka before they sold the rights to Gore-tex. That's why Kuiu and Sitka are extremely similar just with a different camo pattern.

I really started ponying up the doe for sitka gear when I started getting into backpack hunting. Cant run to the truck to change or crank on the heater so youd better be able to stay dry and warm in the freezing cold. My sitka stuff has lasted me a long time. Ive bought more since, but the first items I bought in 08 are still in use.

First lite corrugate guide pants are probably some of the most comfortable pants I've worn. Very lightweight and stretchy throughout.

I haven't got into the cat claw with them yet but I'd imagine they'd snag somewhat.

I also am running the Kuiu Teton gear. Non restrictive when hiking and being Mobile. Keeps me warm when its cold and cool when its hot. Ive ran the old cotton camo for years and would never go back. Hunting AZ is uncomfortable. Having clothing that make the hunt as comfortable as possible make all the difference.

I have the attack and guides and alpine pants. My alpine a are only ones that haven't snagged on cat claw. Reguradless best gear I have owned