Lol you guys kill me!!! As Paul Harvey would say "here's the rest of the story". Chad from A3 called me because he knew me, and that he might have a buck I'd be interested in. It so happened that that he's friends with Brandon Taylor and (Cuernos outfitters) they sent me some TC pics that I analyzed over and over. I came up with 138-143" and btw I was good with number( TC pics suck!) I called Chad and told him I wanted to go and look at the buck. Loaded my gear that was already put together in a hour, then I was on the road. Met up with Matt from and A3 (badass btw) and Brandon Taylor (Cuernos) and Devin Beck (Both badasses btw) at 8 pm on Tuesday night and we came up with a game plan for the next day...Thursday 4 am sleeping in the back of my Tacoma came early. As I stated before we busted our asses on Thursday all day humping mountains and trying our best for the right shot, I set up the buck 3x at 850yds (which btw I can make) and got a 10 second view of him finally thru 30x binos and said that's a dead deer...But regardless I passed on that shot hoping for a better opportunity that following day. The next day I was scheduled to head back to Phoenix for a business meeting that could not be missed, and as we all were disappointed about that I receive a text that It was cancelled! Yay! I flagged over the entire crew behind me and told them the good news. Everyone was jacked and we knew where we last saw the buck, so the next day Friday we came up with a new plan. We went at first light where we saw him previously bedded down. But he and another 100" buck were moving together Thru the night. And about 7:30 we located him again bedded down below us at 70yds and no shot..so we humped it to the other side of the basin and set up at 550yd. We waited him out with me trying to control my breathing and got settled in for the shot, 30 min went by and he stood up and walked towards us, I asked for yardage and Matt said 500yds, I dialed that off on my turrets and when he turned to the side I shot. Both Matt and Mike were telling great shot, but I wasn't taking any chances I rack another round and immediately back on him, telling them to stop touching me, if he even wiggles I'm gonna drill him again...finally after about a min of hold time I could tell he had expired. Everyone hauled butt over to the buck and I was trailing behind (50lb pack) by about 5 minutes, as I approached the kill spot everyone was already there circled around the buck and KNOW ONE was saying a word. I put down my pack thinking OMG I F up. As I walked up to the kill the circle opened up and everyone started screaming omg!! Wtf just happened!!! There were 7 of the most (seasoned Couse guys) that could not believe what had just happened. I'm not going to lie there were tears in my eyes..we took about 400 pics and shot some video, and then luckily Devin Beck was there for the life cape work (thank god) I fortunately had a tape and we rough scored in the field which I was apart of, and it came out 163"!!! I all most fainted seriously. This buck fooled EVERONE!!! We loaded up and headed back to the trucks and again I was lagging behind in a daze, but ALL my new friends waited for me at the bottom to walk together as the great team we were, I really appreciated that guys! Went back to Devin's house and celebrated, he caped out the head and is going to do a life size mount for me, this is a honor for me because he was instrumental in the harvesting of this beautiful animal. As I was driving home (not intoxicated) I got a call from Chad (A3) and he told me two other people who know how to score both came up with 164 7/8", I couldn't believe it, I had to pull over and take a moment to gather myself. So this was my dream hunt! So hate all u want. Oh and btw I said I have 5 bucks from105-141" I killed on my own, I forgot to mention the other 12 90+" Coues I've killed over this quest. I'm not your weekend warrior lol....thank you all again this means more to me than words can explain. Brandon McDermottt

• Like 9

Brandon.... Congrats on an awesome magnificent coues.... I know how hard you hunt for these creatures and I know you deserved this buck. I remember when u shot 141 in 2010 and didn't think you'd top that guy. And a good reminder. Who cares what anyone thinks, say or do regarding your harvest. Only you know where u stand with this beautiful coues and that's all that matters. I just hope one day to hunt with you on one of your coues adventures... Congrats to you and the outfitters... Awesome job. Again thank you for sharing and God bless u hard core coues hunters.

• Like 4

Lol you guys kill me!!! As Paul Harvey would say "here's the rest of the story". Chad from A3 called me because he knew me, and that he might have buck I'd be interested in. It so happened that that he's friends with Brandon Taylor and (Cuernos outfitters) they sent me some TC pics that I analyzed over and over. I came up with 138-143" and btw I was good with number( TC pics suck!) I called Chad and told him I wanted to go and look at buck. Loaded my gear that was already put together in a hour, then I was on the road. Met up with Matt from and A3 (badass btw) and Brandon Taylor (Cuernos) and Devin Beck (Both badasses btw) at 8 pm on Tuesday night and we came up with game plan for the next day...Thursday 4 am sleeping in the back of my Tacoma came early. As I stated before we busted our asses on Thursday all day humping mountains and trying our best for the right shot, I set up the buck 3x at 850yds (which btw I can make) and got a 10 second view of him finally thru 30x binos and said that a dead deer...But regardless I passed on that shot hoping for a better opportunity that following day. The next day I was scheduled to head back to Phoenix for business meeting that could not be missed, and as we all were disappointed about that I receive a text that It was cancelled! Yay! I flagged over the entire crew behind me told them the good news. Everyone was jacked and we knew where we last saw the buck, so the next day Friday we came up with new plan. We went at first light where we saw him previously bedded down. But he and another 100" buck were moving together Thur the night. And about 7:30 we located him again bedded down be low us at 70yds and no shot..so we humped it to the other side of the basin and set up at 550yd. We waited him out with me trying to control my breathing and got settled in for the shot, 30 min went by and he stood up and walked towards us, I asked for yardage and Matt said 500yds, I dialed that off on my turrets and when he turned to the side I shot. Both Matt and Mike were telling great shot, but I wasn't taking any chances I rack another round and immediately back on him, telling them to stop touching me, if he even wiggles I'm gonna drill him again...finally after about a min of hold time I could tell he had expired. Everyone hulled butt over to the buck and I was trailing behind (50 pack) by about 5 minutes, as I approached the kill spot everyone was already there circled around the buck and KNOW ONE was saying a word. I put down my pack thinking OMG I F up. As I walked up to the kill the circle opened up and everyone started screaming omg!! Wtf just happened!!! There were 7 of there (seasoned Couse guys) that could not believe what had just happened. I'm not going lie there were tears in my eyes..we took about 400 pics and shot some video, and then luckily Devin Beck was there for the life cape work (thank god) I fortunately had a tape and we rough scored in the field which I was apart of, and it came out 163"!!! I all most fainted seriously. This buck fooled EVERONE!!! We loaded up and headed back to the trucks and again I was lagging behind in a daze, but ALL my new friends waited for me at the bottom to walk together as the great team we were, I really appreciated that guys! Went back to Devin's house and celebrated, he caped out head and is going to do a life size mount for me, this is a honor for me because he was instrumental in the harvesting of this beautiful animal. As I was driving home (not intoxicated) I got a call from Chad (A3) and he told me two other people who know how to score both came up with 164 7/8", I couldn't believe it, I had to pull over and take a moment to gather myself. So this was my dream hunt! So hate all u want. Oh and btw I said I have 5 bucks from105-141" I killed on my own, I forgot to mention the other 12 90+" Coues I've killed over this quest. I'm not your weekend warrior lol....thank you all again this means more to me than words can explain. Brandon McDermottt

Brandon:

You're obviously a very busy man and I appreciate you taking the time to kill some of the speculation and give us your personal perspective on this amazing animal.

I'm curious if you've taken any of these other big coues deer bowhunting? I don't ask to instigate or be an elitist, or a hater or whatever, I'm genuinely curious. I think the level of financial success you've reach shows that you like to set goals and then succeed at them, and you're certainly not afraid of a challenge. I myself have lived a pretty exciting life. I've climbed onto about 130 bulls, and fallen off of most. I've roadraced motorcycles ( and also fallen off of those... more than once!). I can tell you honestly, I don't think I've ever done anything as exciting as drawing back my bow on a deer. Even a small one at that close range will make your hear jump out of your chest. When you buy the next tag, any chance we're going to see you put an arrow through it? I think that once you feel that rush you may be hooked for life.

Congrats on an amazing animal.

Congrats again Coues D. Watching you win that tag at the banquet was buy far the most enjoyable of all that were auctioned off that night. Just isn't as much fun and exciting when the buyer isn't the room. I hope to be at the banquet again next year to bid against you. That is until the auction price goes over my budget of about $500 and I have to bow out. :)

By the way, how is that auction pup doing? My wife wanted that little guy bad. Probably isn't so little anymore.

I remember you, the silver lab pup is now 60lbs and it the best and smartest dog I've ever owned. She's my buddy...I had a great time at the auction! I'll see you there next time. I'll show you pics of her.
  • Like 1

Brandon.... Congrats on an awesome magnificent coues.... I know how hard you hunt for these creatures and I know you deserved this buck. I remember when u shot 141 in 2010 and didn't think you'd top that guy. And a good reminder. Who cares what anyone thinks, say or do regarding your harvest. Only you know where u stand with this beautiful coues and that's all that matters. I just hope one day to hunt with you on one of your coues adventures... Congrats to you and the outfitters... Awesome job. Again thank you for sharing and God bless u hard core coues hunters.

Thank you so much for the kind words! I never thought in my lifetime I would better the 141". Thanks again

Don't worry the real story of Brandon will come to light soon, it always does! You can run but you can't hide

wtf r you a fricking moron??? I'm soooo done with this site.
  • Like 2

520. whatever Your drinking. I want some. must put You on another planet. What didn't You understand about a first class Human being telling what happend. What else does a Guy need too do. You are a good example of why I only started posting a couple years ago ,but been reading it for 10 years. This Guy can out hunt 99% of the Guys on this site and He didn't need to explain anything to anybody. He is a busy buss. man and took the time to explain ,but I guess that won't satisfy all. I'M done wasting my time on this topic as it is like talking to a wall to some..............BOB!

• Like 2

post-754-0-61245100-1442121700_thumb.jpg

This was sent to me via message, not sure why, I'm guessing because I had posted on this thread. I have a feeling lots of people got the same message.

I don't mind the fact there are some Gov tags, but I will admit I hope they NEVER increase the number that are auctioned off. Different strokes for different folks is fine by me. But I must say, the longer this thread goes, the more I feel like vomiting for sooooo many reasons.

Happy Hunting to everyone..... The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

this is NOT the deer i was pursuing last year, after reviewing the photos there are slight differences between the buck i was after and this buck. the above stated comment is correct and I did have an issue last year in which my hunt was ruined, i have spoken to who i thought the individuals were and they denied having any part in this, and i have no evidence to prove otherwise. i am hopeful that this issue won't happen again because i value finding a spot in which i will not see anyone as much as i value a trophy animal. congrats to the hunter who killed this buck.

• Like 5