Sign in to follow this  
chadt45

trail cam pics

I have an elk hunt starting next week and was hoping to get some big bull pics. Unfortunately no big bulls but I got some cool pics. Enjoy. I guess I should of bought a deer tag.

post-12140-0-11242800-1441473950_thumb.jpg

post-12140-0-41808100-1441473986_thumb.jpg

post-12140-0-04282500-1441474066_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing

Was wondering about those bullet proof cams.. how do you like it?

Pics look good.

Tip that salt is a good way to get your cam jacked. You can see the salt from a ways off. Dig a shallow hole and mix it with the dirt you dig out.

James

Thanks for the tip! So far so good with the camera. Picked it up at Cabela's for $59.00. The only strange part is it only has an off and on switch, to set the clock you have to install a new sd card and turn the camera on. Then you turn the camera off and remove the sd card and insert it into a computer. When you open your card with your computer there is a clock type program that you set to the correct time. Finally you eject the card and immediately put it back in the camera and its ready to go. I was a little worried when I pulled the card yesterday because there was some condensation inside not on the batteries though. So I guess it will work fine for my needs. Thanks again for the tip. Keeping my fingers crossed for a nice bull picture.

My wife has a question that I don't have the answer for which is par for the course.

We watched two cow elk fighting or whatever they are doing in that picture you have.

Is there a pecking order in the cow herd???

I know on my hunt just barely it seemed like there was at least one cow that was more "alert" than the rest, kind of like the watching all seeing eye that consistently busted me.

Or is this just a game they play????

I think these calves are just playing, sibling rivalry I guess. As for the lead cow in a herd I do believe there is a head cow in every herd that is the "all seeing eye." I have heard that the lead cow is more difficult to fool than a bull but I am by far no expert.