Sign in to follow this  
daryl_s

Nikon warranty work

I am sending off a pair of Nikon binoculars today to have some repair work done. For those of you who have sent product repairs in to Nikon, I was wondering what kind of turnaround time they have. I realize that in the Fall is when they are going to be busiest, just curious to hear of other's experiences with them. I know I should have done this sooner, but just found the problem today. Thanks.

I sent a pair in several years ago. Turn around time was fast. Within 2 weeks. Mine only had a broken eye cup. Your milage may very.

Sent my Premier's in to have work done on them at the end of the Jan. deer season. I got them back the first week of August. They needed to be replaced and they were out of stock. They did offer to reimburse me if I had proof of purchase but I wanted the glass instead. I have friends that have gotten returned glass in 2-3 weeks.

I had sent in my spotter to Nikon because I had dropped the spotter and something was off a little bit when looking through the scope. I sent it in and they emailed me informing me that they were going to replace my spotter for a brand new one rather than repair it. It was out of my hands for about 4-5 days. I guess it would depend on what kind of work you are needing on your glass.

It's been about 6 years for me, but I sent in a pair of binos with broken eye cups and a camera with a broken lens, both took about two months. Sounds like they have stepped up their game since then.

On a side note, my vortex tripod also suffered as part of my mishap and I sent them to Vortex along with sending the binos to Nikon on Tuesday around 1 PM. I've already got a tracking number from Vortex and my tripod will be back to me this coming Wednesday. Now that's some great customer service.

Just as an update, Vortex sent me a brand new tripod. Awesome customer service. Nikon got the binos back to me in less than two weeks, but I'm not really happy with the work they did. They didn't address some of the issues I had with the binoculars.