Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Updated with story. Daily updates!! 15yr old 6b archery bull

Well we have 5 days to do this. We have lots of scouting and plans. We just saw a small 6 bugling with abot 10 cows. We r not picky. This is hopefully his first kill with a bow. Will give updates through out the days when taking breaks. Gonna try and get some pics and hopefully video of his shots. Stay tuned!!!!

Update story

So after our morning break we kept at it. Hiked about 1/2 mile then heard a bugle. b-line quickly to it and saw the bull. He ripped another bugle. Then to my right a different bull bugled. They still r not responding to calls here so we had to get in front of them. i decided to split the bugles and get in the middle. Well it worked. The bull is walking in front of us at an angle. I ranged a tree and told my son be ready. 70 yds. (Practices to 100 all the time). He gets in front of tree and i throw a cow call and he stops. Junior lets it fly and sticks him but a little back. Bull goes 100 yards then lays down. We freeze cause hes looking our way and bedded. Crap. We stay still for the longest 45 minutes. Then out of no where he stands up. 60 yds junior double lungs him and game over. Drinking beer now sitting at camp and just heard another bugle. Go get em guys

• Like 20

Definitely post up pics and updates if you will. It's the next best thing for us sitting at home without a tag. Thanks

Few bugles this am. They would only bugle one time then that was it so is hard to het on them. We got 85 yds in thick stuff to small 6. Just coukdnt get a shot then a cow busted us. Little later just happen to catch a small 5 pt at 80yds. Got to 60 but he kept busting us. No bugles for last 1.5 hours. We r sitting one of our salts in a bedding area for about an hour then some breakfast.

• Like 5

Nice!!! Looking forward to some pics and a story! Best of luck to you guys!!!!

Awesome! Congratulations and looking forward to some pics.

Congratulations!

WAY TO GITTER done!!

I can't wait to get the blank outta here!

James