Sign in to follow this  
down2hunt

2015 Opening Day Success

Well, I wish there was a long story to this hunt but I got it done at 6:55AM opening morning!!! Did a few cow calls and this guy (6x6) comes in on a heartbeat. I didn’t even have time to nock an arrow up or range him. So I guest him to be around 40yrds away. I shoot but it was to low and hit him in the leg. He spun around after I hit him and we stared each other down which was his mistake. I put my 50yrd pin on his chest and let it rip. It was a perfect shot, right in the center of his chest!!! Followed his blood trail for about 100yrds and yes you guessed it, he dies in a deep canyon. Well you know the story from here. lol 6 guys and 7 hours later we had him hanging. :D This is my first bull ever so I'm on top of the world right now!!!

Thanks,

JD - Down2HuntAz

post-3832-0-28974200-1442328497_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-91519600-1442328510_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-55227600-1442328524_thumb.jpg

• Like 24

let me be the first here to say fine job. nice looking bull. sounds like you hard timed it gettin' him out. again, fine job. Lark.

Very good bull and job well done. Congrats. Everything looks good but the Dallas hat. I wouldn't wear that in the woods again. Ha! Nice job.

• Like 4

Awesome, Congratulations!

Hunt4Horns, that's my get it done hat!!! lol

JD

Very good bull and job well done. Congrats. Everything looks good but the Dallas hat. I wouldn't wear that in the woods again. Ha! Nice job.

• Like 2

Congrats on the great bull man!

Nice job dude. Gonna be ton of meat there. What a beautiful bull. Sounds like a great hunt congrats

Heck ya way to get it done! Wish I had two cowboys hats, one to crap in and one to cover it up with;-)

Judging by the angle of that hillside in the picture, it wasn't a walk in the park to get that bull out if you had to go back uphill. Makes for a tough time dressing it out as well.

Congrats on your first bull.