Sign in to follow this  
RackTracker

First archery bull

that is an awesome bull! Congrats on a job well done. A non-typical elk is on my to-do list, that one is just crazy though.

• Like 1

That's awesome - I too love the freaks. I think I shot his cousin last year it had a reverse drop tine club, just a weirdo. On yours... just a side note but if you're doing a euro mount you might want to consider beetles instead of boiling the skull due to the fronts being too close to the skull. No way to keep them out of the water and the water/steam will damage the antlers.. creates large deep cracks in the antler after being on a boil or simmer for hours. I know because my euro was boiled and the reverse drop club it damaged but I was able to repair it and it turned out nice.

Pretty sweet!

Ain't nothing like chasing bulging bulls!

James

Awesome! Will look so cool euro'd out. Share some pics of that skull when you get it done.

That's awesome - I too love the freaks. I think I shot his cousin last year it had a reverse drop tine club, just a weirdo. On yours... just a side note but if you're doing a euro mount you might want to consider beetles instead of boiling the skull due to the fronts being too close to the skull. No way to keep them out of the water and the water/steam will damage the antlers.. creates large deep cracks in the antler after being on a boil or simmer for hours. I know because my euro was boiled and the reverse drop club it damaged but I was able to repair it and it turned out nice.

thank you. I dropped the head off at simple skulls taxidermy in Tucson for a euro mount. there's no way to boil it out on your own with his right side. ill post pictures of the mount when I get it back