Sign in to follow this  
newazhunter

Any 5A Bulls Down Yet?

I have an early rifle tag (Sept. 25 -Oct.1) and was wondering if anyone has taken any good bulls out of the area yet.

That hunt is going to be awesome. I love 5a, every elk I have ever killed was in that unit. Let me know if you need help.

I sent you a PM Flatlander.

I only know of 1 bull that's out of 5a so far. They got it done by pattering elk behind the glass and getting infrint of them. Weren't rutting at all but that was 7 days ago. Good luck on your hunts!

I was up there last night and it took a while to find some bugles. Once we found them we had 3 bulls within about 150 yards in about 15 minutes where they hung up. It was a good 30 minutes of fury.

• Like 1

The one I know of would official have 7 scorable on each side but they are few inch stickers. The bull taped out at 340 so I'm guessing probably not one on your radar.

Thanks for the info. The guy I am after has at least a 50" spread and is an easy 370+.

Fun hunt for sure. Didn't get the big boy I was looking for, but saw a couple of good 7x7 and 6x6. Was my first rut hunt, so had a blast. Had a big 7x7 in my crosshairs at 40 yards but was 20 minutes past shooting light. Settled on a little 3x3 to get meat in the freezer. Still has a little velvet on 1 side. Called him in. Sure was awesome learning about what calls worked and what calls didn't. Bummed, but it beats tag soup.

• Like 1

Way to fight off temptation on a possible legal light issue. If in doubt, don't send it out.

Congrats on probably the best tasting elk you will ever harvest too.

Way to fight off temptation on a possible legal light issue. If in doubt, don't send it out.

Congrats on probably the best tasting elk you will ever harvest too.

Thanks. Still had a little velvet on one side.