Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

Trail Cam Molester!!

This lil' buggar Jacked with my trail cam about 5 or 6 times in two weeks! The good news is that he left my cam pointed int a different dirction each time allowing me to see the surrounding brush from different angles.... :rolleyes:

post-996-1182998363.jpg

post-996-1182998298.jpg

I am going to build a "Bear Proof" cage for my cam now..... ;) I hope that his timing is so predictable in a couple of years (when he's bigger), so that I can slip an arrow into his ribs!! ;) :lol:

Somebody needs to put him out of his misery already. Poor guy looks like he hasn't been able to eat since coming out of hibernation. If it's in 22 let me know, I've got a guy that will help with his problem ;)

Yours is packin' a few more lbs, Mike...... But, I do think my lil' buggar will make it.... there is some feed in the area to hold through till the pears and accorns ripen, I think... I hope.... :unsure: Kinda wierd... yours still has his mama with him and mine seems to be alone.... might be part of why he is a bit thinner??? :huh: Well, Troy and I are going back in a week or two to reinstall the cam and hopefully we can watch him through the summer and make it to the fall. ;)

Hey Gino,

Is that a film camera or a digital?

I have heard bears like the smell of film

but haven't heard of them messing with digitals.

Were you eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when you put it out :D

Mike

:lol: :lol: That is Exactly what Troy said!!!! But, no goodies on my fingers.... just sweat from the hike in to that lil' spot.....I was soaked to the bone.... and did manage to pic up one small brownie, btw..... and it is a Digital Cam.

Your lucky he only molested it! My first homemade digital cam was destroyed on its maiden voyage. The bear that ate it was much larger though. I was able to salvage the Sony camera, after having the lens realigned but the control board and case were shot. I intend to seek revenge this fall!

Kevin

Well finally went back out to check this cam again after a month and the batteries were still working!! It is the Moultrie Cam that has 6 D batteries and boasts 60 days of life! :blink: I know that had not changed the batteries for atleast 40 days!

Well this is the cam that I built the Bear box for..... and it worked!

I have some pics of the bear, again. And of a coues buck with over a month of growing..... but I can't post them....

Amanda, HELP!!! Something is wrong with the settings and it won't let me download. :blink:

You need to pack a 50 lb bag of dogfood out there for that poor bear. Geez he looks terrible.

The problem posting pics is probably because we have far exceeded the disk space for pics for the forum. Working on buying more space.

Amanda

He does look a bit better in the new pics. :) There is a good bit more feed in the area now.... and he must have found greener pastures and new water, cuz he only came in once in the last month....

post-996-1187068861_thumb.jpg