Sign in to follow this  
BigD

Auto Electrical Wiring Help

I have a 2014 Chevy Silverado and need to run 2 wires through the firewall to power a ham radio. The dealership indicated that there are two places to run aftermarket wiring thru the firewall. They want 2-3 hours labor to do this. They suggested that I contact an auto stereo dealer and get it done for a lot less money. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone that might be able to do this for a reasonable amount?

Frankly you can do this at home in less than an hour.

dozens of YouTube videos on how to do this. You can go through the firewall or lift the carpet and find a drain plug. There are a bunch of videos .

Also on the Silverado.com forum there is a tutorial done on '07 and up models. I would give the links but they will not paste into the forum for some reason...

You can also probably run it to your fuse box with an inline fuse and not even mess with the firewall. Hook it into the power for the radio and it will come on and off with your ignition.

Labor at a stereo shop is still going to be a minimum of $50 per hour.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had some other problems pop up that are more pressing. Maybe next week.