Sign in to follow this  
muledeer#1

Hit a good bull in 7 west coulndt find him

General area? You can PM me if you want. I will be up scouting again this Saturday, and if I see any sign at all, I can give you a call.

• Like 2

Guest akaspecials

Grid it out and look for birds during the day. Listen for coyotes in the area at night. If he's dead they'll have found him. Most of us know that feeling and it sucks. Keep at it man.

Its a very difficult thing to go through. Quite painful indeed. Its happened to me before and I hated it. I remember one year after the hunt where I lost a bull, I got quite sick. It was also very painful. As I was going through it I thought of that bull I hit a couple months earlier. I knew how lousy I was feeling and I thought of what he must have gone through. I was hurting bad but had hot baths, medicine and nice bed to lie in. That bull had to have had it rough. It really changed the way I viewed wounding an animal and I do everything in my power to not repeat that situation. I try desperately to make quick kills. One of the other things I do now is to try to not let the animal see me at all after he has been shot. I know many may not agree with me on this, but I want him to be able to look around his environment and that be his last memory. I don't like the thought of stressing him out more by him seeing me standing over him as his last site. I guess I'm getting softer in my old age, but I have so much respect for the animal and appreciate that who h he has given me. Its not that I question hunting at all, its just my respect for them has grown tremendously over the years.

• Like 6

It was a tough hunt dam idiots camped down from us were night hunting, so all the bulls were on the move, every evening as we were packing it up my spotters were watching them load gear and head up the mountain ,one evening they drove by are camp slow so we drove the quads down to them with no lights bulls were screaming at the tank they were out of the truck getting ready we flipped the lights on and they took off ,idiots were even driving on a closed road then driving up the mountain .They gave more tags this year it was a zoo 5:30 to 7 pm people driving by tanks stopping cow calling and trying the buggle Im like WTF. The day I hit the bull he walked out of the tank 30 min later a guy in a white chevy pulls up starts hitting a cow call with the head lights on him my spotters were headed down the hill told me to hit him with the flash light my bull ran and the guy took off after hitting him with the light ,on a good note I did not loose any cameras met a lot of cool people ,I even fixed a couple cameras that fell or moved on tanks .

No luck this weekend after about 5 hours of hiking. Saw some crows/vultures around the area the OP PMed me about, but it was 2 dead domestic sheep. What a bummer. I will try again this coming weekend. We did get into about 4 bulls bugling though. And saw a little 5 point about 30 yards we jumped up.

• Like 1

My father in law and I are going up this weekend to camp in 7w, no tags, just hanging out and look for some sheds.. frid and sat night. Your choice but if you want to Pm a general location maybe we could help look. Not sure where we are going to camp yet.

Saw some big boys in 7w hiking around today. Heard a few shots and lots of bugling. I did find a fresh spike kill, looked like something had been eating it.