CouesWhitetail

Gila Wilderness Hunting

I utilized Tommy's scouting services this year (2007) for my Burro Mountain Coues Deer hunt (a unit 23 subunit).

Tommy provided me with ample information about the unit, gps coordinates and a very detailed map. We chatted on the phone and he shared a bunch of information about the unit and what I should expect.

Going in I knew where to camp, where to glass, where to find deer...everything but where to s_ _ t (I figured that out by watching a bear).

Well, anyways...I got a few weekends of scouting under my belt and validated everything Tommy said. I got to my glassing spot a bit late on opening day (7:30 a.m.), I glassed for a whole hour (sarcasm) before seeing the nice 3 point that I then shot.

The deer isn't a monster but, it is the trophy I chose to take. I'm very pleased with the deer and grateful for the help that Tommy provided.

Tommy, I hope to get the chance to hunt in your neck of the woods again...Thanks for the help!

Ok....since it's man law...here's a photo....my apologies, the camera I took into the field was not up to the task and I had to take a photo back at camp with the backup camera.

I'll have to try and add photo as an attachment since I don't know what the heck I'm doin'....if it don't work...oh well.

post-2238-1195678440_thumb.jpg

Wow...Tommy & Vini...teaming up! That's fantastic. I know I'm a little late in reading this, I've been in a BIG DARK CAVE!

Anyways, I need to tell the CWT.COM World about MY experience in Tommy and his mapping service. But before I do, I noticed a lot of posts about what a great guy Tommy is. How good of a job he does. And then to hear my pal vinihunt is going to join him???!!! I was like what the...????

And folks, I've got to tell you that that was the best news I read today! I couldn't be happier.

Back in...oh a few years ago...I was still trying to shoot a deer with a bow. After several unsuccessful seasons and fails stalks and attempts, Tommy suggested I come over to Ole NM and he'd get me lined up! So my good friend Allen and I, et al...drove to NM. With the info tommy provided me I FINALLY harvested my first deer with a bow the first afternoon I was there. That was probably the happiest I'd ever been to shoot anything. A nice 3x3. 15 yards...and I owe it all to the help and guidance of one Tommy Maldonado. Thanks again Tommy. I'll be back again one day and this time I have elk on the menu!

Scott G.

PS- On the morning hunt I screwed up a stalk on a 170" class buck. Tommy knows where to put you.

Bumping this post to see if this is still available. This is an awesome idea and service for most DIY hunters who can't get time to scout. I wish someone in Arizona did this( hint, hint)

On 11/22/2021 at 8:21 AM, WAB said:

I would like to know if this service is still being offered as well.

Yes it is I talked with Tommy recently.  Really nice guys