CouesWhitetail

Gila Wilderness Hunting

I wanted to spotlight Gila Wilderness Hunting which is a business owned and operated by Tommy Maldonado in New Mexico. Tommy (aka crazyaboutcoues in the forum) has been a sponsor of CouesWhitetail.com since 2003, which is the first year I started having sponsors. So Tommy has been supporting this site for years and those that frequent the forum will attest to his knowledge and dedication to Coues deer hunting.

Tommy's goal for his business is "to help you, "the do it yourself hunter", have a successful hunting experience here in New Mexico." Tommy provides you with maps and gps coordinates and lots of other information to make you successful. Here are some more details on what he provides:

I will provide you with all the necessary information you need for your hunt. Here's a list of the information we provide but not limited to:

New Mexico Application and proclamation service- we'll send you an application and help you fill it out. Answer any questions you may have of the application process.

Set you up in a productive area- we'll send you Topo maps with detailed directions of how to get to the area, where to hunt, where to camp, what kind of terrain to expect.

Scouting- I'll personally scout the area for you. Let you know bedding areas, water sources, number of animals, GPS coordinates, any other specific scouting information you may require.

Game processing and cold storage, Motels.

Taxidermist information

This information can be used for a lifetime, and you can split the cost with your hunting party.

The cost for this map service is as follows:

$550.00 for Bighorn Sheep and Ibex.

$450.00 for Elk, Deer, Mountain Lion, Bear and Antelope.

$250.00 for Turkey and Javelina.

$150.00 for Dove and Quail.

This is a great service and hopefully those of you that have used it will post a review of what he has given you in this thread.

If you drew a tag in NM and are looking for a great place to hunt, check with Tommy and let him set you up. He is a dedicated and successful sportsmen and will make sure you have what you need to have an enjoyable hunt in NM. Give him a call, send him an email or check out his website for more information! Thank you Tommy for providing such a great service and for supporting CouesWhitetail.com for so many years!

Home Number 505-388-2602

Work Number 505-538-7267

Cell Number 505-313-2088

email - Tommy Maldonado

http://www.gilawildernesshunting.com/

oh and here is a link to his report of his 2006 archery deer hunt that he posted in the forum. You can see from his story how dedicated he is about hunting Coues with a bow!

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...ic=4817&hl=

Amanda

• Like 1

I used Tommy's service about 3 years ago when I took my 14 year old son on a Coues hunt there and had a great hunt. My son busted a nice Coues buck on the second day which now graces one of the walls in our home. A very memorable hunt.

post-13-1183421854.jpg

I plan on giving Tommy a call next time I draw coues, 7 hours one way is a bit far to do too many scouting trips. If for no other reason to buy him a cup of coffee or beverage of his choice for giving me some pointers last year.

Thanks,

--Bill

After doing some research and talking to Tommy I am using him for my up coming elk hunt in 16E, He was very easy too talk to and he guaranteed me 420 bull, right Tommy, well good luck to all this fall, hopefully AZ will let us know early so we can get over the let down of no tags, Andy

Oh by the way Vincente Martinez (vinihunt) will be joining our staff. Now we will be able to provide DIY hunts in northern units. Most of you know Vinnie to be a great guy and is very knowledgable of the northern units. He will be a great asset to our team.

Welcome aboard Vinnie!!!!

elkhutnaz..

u will have awesome elk hunting trip down 16E...I have tag this year also but for late season cow...my brother and cousins bagged very nice 6x6 bulls 2 years row..and we missed few good one last year with muzzleloader...

crazy-Very excite to be on your staff...for Northern units...thank you

vinihunt

This is really going to work nicely because what has happened in the past is hunters want to put there first 2 choices for hard draw tags in the Gila and if they don't get those tags they just WANT TO HUNT. It was hard for Tommy to go out and scout those northern units, but with Vini able to do the footwork this has been solved.....

Just so people know...

Northern NM typically has more tags and ALOT more Elk... The quality might not be as good but there are alot more animals...

They also have some GREAT speed goat units and some beasty mulies....

J-

j-dawg..

Thanks!! will burn alot on my boots this fall..yes plenty of tags with lots of elk!! not trophy as GILA but nice bulls come off from north part!!

goin to get my wife a booner on speed goat this year..we drew for NE...now waitin for which unit and what ranch that we will be assign...

if need to know on hunting on north part...contact crazyaboutcoues or jamaro then they ll contact me..

good hunting

vinihunt

Tommy,

How full is your plate this season? I am interested in using you for the Unit 17 first rifle deer hunt. Specifically your scouting service. Let me know.

Eric