Sign in to follow this  
Pine Donkey

Carlos

Carlos grew up in a the house just across the wash from ours. His sisters are the same ages as our daughters so he was kind of a big brother to our girls to. He was the kid that got along with everyone. He loved the outdoors and went on many hunting and fishing trips with our group. He was one of the many we took camping in the White Mountains every year. Both my wife and I taught him in class; her in fifth grade, me in high school.

As he entered his Senior year, he knew he wanted to work with UAV's, and went to Cochise College half day to get a jump start on his degree. I did not have much contact with him over the past few years; he was busy with his career and his family moved away, but he always held a special place in our hearts. He will be greatly missed. Thank you Carlos for your service and dedication to our country, and thanks for the memories. We love you.

Carlos died last week when the C130 he was flying in went down in Afganistan. He was on his way home from a seven month stint in theater. This was he forth (I think) time working in Afganistan.

post-2989-0-15035300-1444276298_thumb.jpeg

post-2989-0-15114700-1444276334_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Wow. Sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to his family and friends. Take care.

Tragic. America has lost a patriot.

Thoughts and prayers for family and friennds.

TJ

Robert, tough to see a former student leave this life. Sounds like he lived his life to the fullest! Thanks for sharing ...