Sign in to follow this  
Trapdoor

Looking for a Pal

Howdy,

Recently, my family moved to Arizona due to my wife's transfer to the VA in Prescott. We love it here.

I work out of the home, over the internet with my long time job in Wyoming, doing residential, commercial, and historic preservation architecture. For the time being, as we make this transition into the area, my working in the home keeps me from getting out much meeting folks.

I would like to make a few pals who would be willing to show me around the area, teach me the area's plants and animals, places to recreate, and just help out getting to know the area.

I am not a greenhorn; just want to make some friends who enjoy the same things I do. I have hunted my whole life, in a number of states and in Africa.

At this time, I am a non-resident, so no tags for this year. But, I would very much like to tag along on hunts that you may think I can learn something on. I would love to learn the art of field judging coues, they are a different animal than I am used to! I am not looking for secret spots. I very much want to find some ducks!

I wonder if there is anything I can offer in trade-offs... I am a seasoned mule deer, antelope, elk hunter from Wyoming. I can offer my eyes and experience glassing and packing meat. Maybe there are other things.

I know that a hunt is not the best place to get to know somebody. If you are interested, I would be happy to meet and buy you a few beers or cokes to get the feel for each other.

Just looking for a few friends to do stuff with. Full range of the state is doable to me.

Thanks,

John

• Like 2

We will have a camp set up in the dugas area on Nov. 6th with 5 tags. We filled 5 last year. Give me shout. Not lookin for help, but your welcome.

• Like 6

Welcome to the site. I got skunked on tags this year but typically archery and rifle hunt elk and mulie and i love predator calling, shed hunting, turkey hunting etc. Live in presc valley

• Like 1

I'm not hunting deer this year but if you find your self in se AZ let me know, I'll take you out to a few duck spots that have been good to me. And maybe pick your architect brain lol.

Dan better only be duck not quail forgot to blindfold you on the way out dang it. I also would be more then happy to show you around if you get down this way

• Like 1

I'm not hunting deer this year but if you find your self in se AZ let me know, I'll take you out to a few duck spots that have been good to me. And maybe pick your architect brain lol.

Dan better only be duck not quail forgot to blindfold you on the way out dang it. I also would be more then happy to show you around if you get down this way
haha! Your spots are safe! I was actually out today near the house for a few hours and got 8 gambles and actually saw a few very early tealys. I still got your brass next time we get together.
  • Like 1

Hello All and thanks for the words and welcomes.

I hope to make some friends here! I have done a whole lot of hunting and shooting solo, but I have gotten to the point where doing it with others holds more enjoyment. But there are times to do it solo too.

I will make some contacts with those that have offered!

My farmersonly contact was made a long time ago... just wish she was an outdoorsy type! Does that place have a way to meet hunting buddies?! :D

In the time I have been here, I have found a lot of differences to the flora and fauna that I am used to and keep asking myself "What kind of bush is that?" Maybe someone has an answer to those questions!

A few days ago, I just returned from my annual hunt in Wyoming. I only drew a general deer tag, but helped my buddy up there get a goat just shy of 81" and 4 of the 5 deer tag holders killed good bucks. I was the lone tag soup eater, due to looking for the extra big one. My long time buddy shot a mulie that is probably pretty close to 180".

Now for rocks. Always looking for rocks to shoot. Avid rock shooter with iron sight rifles, long range.

Ducks: Have Boat, Will Travel!

Guest 300ultramag.

You had me until all the plant and bush talk. I don't know too much about plants. And even less about huntin. I lost my hunting buddy for good this year. Blew out his only good knee. I see lots of solo hunt in my future. Good luck to ya. Post pics

I see lots of solo hunt in my future. Good luck to ya. Post pics

Not if I can help it. You have my number, use it.

OP - Are you an archer?

300ultra: Laughs on the bush talk (plant variety)! I don't have to ask you those questions if you don't want them!

Flatlander: Not currently an archer. Lots of folks keep telling me to get back into it. Been thinking hard on doing so. It is an option.