Sign in to follow this  
wilderness1

Tap It Systems selling STOLEN Kowa Highlanders (Please Read)

Anthony Mucciolo sold me a pair of Kowa Prominar Highlander Flourite binoculars for $4,150.00 and they were reported stolen by the manufacture. Kowa is aware of this and said they mailed 2 pairs of these high end binoculars months ago to Tap it Sytsems and Mucciolo in which he claimed he never received. Kowa then reported them stolen and months later Mucciolo sold me one of those pairs that has the matching serial number to the one Mucciolo claimed he never received. Tap it Systems and Anthony Mucciolo is a dealer of Kowa Optics and they are aware of this issue. I tried to get my funds back from Mucciolo and told him to deal with Kowa on this issue so that I can go buy a new pair. I have Kowas attorney sending Mucciolo a letter telling him to return my funds and return the optics back to Kowa. I have kept all records of this through texts and emails and an online store where he tried selling the pair through Gunbroker. Kowa has the information on billing and sending the 2 pairs of optics directly to Mucciolo in which he never received according to him. This is insurance fraud and there is another pair out there besides mine. Mucciolo still won't return my funds and is ignoring me and also he has temporarily taken down his website. Anthony Mucciolo phone number 602-702-9494 I have only one address for his business: 4707 N. 107 Drive Phoenix, AZ. 85037

There probably is the second pair he sold out there with a reported stolen serial number with Kowa. I am at my end with an individual like this. I have all evidence backing everything here. Just hope somebody here didn't get the same deal here as I did with this other pair. If anyone has any information that I can use please don't hesitate to call. Just wanted my money back and give the Kowas back to Tap it Systems and Tony can deal with his own issue. Insurance fraud and grand theft.

Thanks Jeff 602-722-4931

• Like 2

So you have the glass now, kowa knows the issue and know they're stolen thru insurance fraud? Will they exchange them or re serial number them so your legal? Seems like they would/should with the amount spent thinking it was a legit buy. Bum deal.

You are right, I have been talking to Miles Takahashi the national sales manager for Kowa who informed me by email and phone about what happened between them and Tap it Systems. Miles said he is having their attorney send Anthony Mucciolo a letter saying to return my money and ship back the Kowas to them or they will prosecute. I am waiting for that letter to be sent. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and Channel 3 On Your Side and just waiting for a break here. What started all this was a bad spring in the eyepiece and wouldn't allow the eyepiece to go in the day I brought them home, that's when I started to get these back to Kowa and get them fixed and when they asked me for the serial number and who I bought them from to create and RMA number for repair that's when they notified me about all this. I offered Kowa to send back the pair and get a new pair with a clean slate and still show up on their behalf if they decide to prosecute but that did not happen. I sent Kowa all my emails, texts and other correspondence between Mucciolo and I. Mucciolo tried to send Miles a fake bogust receipt saying he bought them from a third party but Miles said that those 2 pairs were directly sent to Tap it Sytems and nobody else with the evidence to prove that so Mucciolo would have to prove that he bought the 2 pairs from the guy that stole them off his premises, the bogust receipt had no company name and just a hand written invoice for an amount. If Mucciolo thought he did nothing wrong then it would be easy to return my money and get this pair of Kowas back and proceed to get things resolved on his end but he is playing the game and I will not stop until my money is returned or issued a new clean pair period. Theifs and dishonest people are not welcome in my book and with all the things I have bought or sold with a lot of you members I have not had one single issue and it fills me with pride in knowing that.

• Like 1

I do not know what the police could do but is sold an item on here to a nice young man on here who is phoenix pd. maybe he can call me and see what my options are with them. I forgot his name but he gave me a pair of leupold binos for my son back in the day and won't forget it ;)

I believe the attorney generals office handles the insurance fraud claims. I have worked on only one at my PD over the years and they can handle it as well, but the AG normally deals with it. I hate hearing stuff like this. Good luck!

Hank you for your posting. It may very well keep others here from being placed in the this same situation. I would think that KOWA would make this right with you. After all these stolen optics were sold by one of their " Authorized Dealers". I would further think that they are thrilled that you are helping them recover their stolen property as well as helping to root out one of their Authorized dealers that is a BAD APPLE.

It's has been my experience in life that you and KOWA may not be their first victims. Other vendors such as Luepold or others may have experienced the same shame.

Now it might get real interesting for Tap it systems and Mucciolo if items were shipped to them or the shipped to buyers by mail. In which case defrauding victims by mail can bring a whole other level of investigation on a federal level.

Kowa should man up. You bought the binos from a authorized dealer. You can assist Kowa in the prosecution of this scum bag.... I am sure your thinking this is way too much drama...all you wanted to do is glass... for miles

• Like 2

Kowa should man up. You bought the binos from a authorized dealer. You can assist Kowa in the prosecution of this scum bag.... I am sure your thinking this is way too much drama...all you wanted to do is glass... for miles

I have to agree with this he's an authorized dealer they should exchange the binoculars so that they have the evidence in hand they should seek prosecution of the authorized dealer of their product. They're leaving you stuck in the middle of deal with that and that's just flat out bad customer service and bad business. Best of luck in this situation that's a lot of money to be out.

If you're stuck dealing with it the Attorney General is the way to go

I hope they catch this guy and Kowa can make this right for you. Best of luck...

Has Kowa refused to repair your binoculars? What do they want you to do with your pair?