Sign in to follow this  
devilincatcountry

Jinx?

So this year I told myself, Meat hunting!!! I get to the location I want to hunt, put my glass on tripod and low and behold 4 spikes at 280 yards. I pick up movement at 376 yards and there he is a nice 85+ decent buck. I don't give the spikes another look as my focus is now on the decent buck. The only shot I have is a Texas heart shot thru some scrub oak. I decide not to take it and wait. The spikes are running with 5 does and 8 fawns. The does decide to bed down and the spikes feed down into a valley out of sight. The decent buck feeds up into another valley and I loose sight. I go to pack stuff up and make stalk around hill to cut him off and as I glass ahead of me there is 2 more does with fawns bedded where I wanted to go. So I'm hunkered down waiting for them to feed and make a stalk. BUT the voice on my left shoulder keeps telling me you should have taken one of the spikes( meat hunter) while the voice on my right shoulder tells me to be patient . I missed the first 4 days of this hunt due to out of state softball with my daughter so time is not on my side.. Did I jinx myself???? Ughhh..

You sure did! May as well pack up and head home :P

JK.... with 2 days left and nice weather if you get out there sure you will get a chance for at least one of those spikes if not better

So this year I told myself, Meat hunting!!! I get to the location I want to hunt, put my glass on tripod and low and behold 4 spikes at 280 yards. I pick up movement at 376 yards and there he is a nice 85+ decent buck. I don't give the spikes another look as my focus is now on the decent buck. The only shot I have is a Texas heart shot thru some scrub oak. I decide not to take it and wait. The spikes are running with 5 does and 8 fawns. The does decide to bed down and the spikes feed down into a valley out of sight. The decent buck feeds up into another valley and I loose sight. I go to pack stuff up and make stalk around hill to cut him off and as I glass ahead of me there is 2 more does with fawns bedded where I wanted to go. So I'm hunkered down waiting for them to feed and make a stalk. BUT the voice on my left shoulder keeps telling me you should have taken one of the spikes( meat hunter) while the voice on my right shoulder tells me to be patient . I missed the first 4 days of this hunt due to out of state softball with my daughter so time is not on my side.. Did I jinx myself???? Ughhh..

Go get geno

They'll be there especially the does and spikes, they stay in the same spot, the big buck will also be around, look hard. Not much meat on a spike

• Like 1

Patrick- going after Gino tomorrow!

What happened to just going after meat? That's what you said you wanted. Small bucks are good eaten.