Sign in to follow this  
fisher_hunt

Where do you practice your long range shooting?

I would like to get into long range shooting and was wondering where everybody goes to practice? I live in Phx (east valley) and both ranges I know of only go to 200 yards. I know Ben Avery has a 1000 yard range but you have to be part of a club to use the facility. Do most just find a place out in the desert? Any suggestions for areas?

I head north to dugas rd. We have a couple spots up there . We can shoot up to 1000, but after 750 you would have to walk your target to get a 1000 yards. Ben avery sucks if you have more than one gun to site in, it would take all day with two.

• Like 1

Phoenix Rod and gun has up to 500 yards.

Give me a call and I will tell you about a few area's that I use for 500+

Like the others have said Phoenix Rod & Gun Club have a 500 yard range that you can use. Rio also has a designated 500 yard range, but you must get approved to use it by shooting 3 long range matches and become a member.

Finding a desert spot is really the best!

Adam

• Like 2

I've been looking for a 500yrd spot in the desert close to the city. Been difficult so far.

When I have the time I just go up near dugas somewhere.

I found a nice 500 yard spot and used it a few times, but it's on state trust land. A lot of people go out there and recently FS put up extras signs stated no shooting state land. So they caught on and I stopped my illegal activity in fear of getting caught. So every time I go out I bring my range finder and drive around trying to find that one spot that no one else knows.

That's the only thing I'm not jealous about you guys that live anywhere in AZ...that here.. we have all kinds of shooting ranges...from rim fire all the way up to the 1,000 yard range! but for anything else...where I live...it sucks <_<

Ernesto C