Sign in to follow this  
double lunger14

Mine and my Little brother Bucks

My brother and I got it done this past weekend and during the week. It all started back when we found out we got drawn..... We were pretty upset because we put in our 1st choice with the wrong hunt # but we made the most of it. We logged in the miles on the boots but as far as I went I wanted to shoot the first decent buck I saw because I was limited on how much I could Hike due to a sever ingrown toe nail. I got my buck Sunday morning and I was pretty happy with him. Once I tagged out I was onto helping my dad tag out. He was almost limited to hiking due to twisting his ankle really bad on the mountain and taking a nasty nasty spill. We didn't hunt Sunday due to packing my buck out 3 miles in we decided to rest up and start again Monday afternoon when my little brother showed up. My little brother ended up Monday around 4:30 pm and we glassed until 5 and ended up saying screw this (due to so many gnats) and went and did a couple stands for dogs before it got dark. We did three stand and called in 2 dogs and only ended up getting one. That was the end of Monday. Tuesday came around and we started hiking at 4am. We had to get back 4 miles before the sun came up and my dad and I had to take it slow going up. We finally get to our spot and immediately glass up 4 bucks but we just ya couldn't make it happen. After one of the bucks giving my brother the slip we were tired and frustrated and decided to head back to camp at 10am. We finally get back to camp at 12:30 and take naps until 3. When we wake up I ask my brother if he wants to go out for an evening hunt and he said no. 30 minutes went by and I told him dude we have to go out and give it one more try. ( he only had one day to hunt Tuesday due to baseball and school) so we hurried up and packed our gear in the truck and went out at about 4:15pm. My dad stayed at camp his ankle was not feeling well at all. We ended up going to a spot and glassing for about 30 minutes and after not seeing anything my brother was pretty discouraged and angry that his hunt was about over. I told him dude it's not over until we hit the highway to head home. We ended up glassing up 2 smaller bucks at about 5 pm but they were pretty far away but we decided to hall butt and give it a try. Once we got to were we thought they were I had gone two ridges to far. (Talk about an angry little brother lol) I told him it's fine dude lets just glass here until dark and see what we can. We ended up glassing up a couple does and 1 fawn. By now it's 5:30 and almost dark. I started glassing in the bottom of the draw and right away found a buck that I thought was a 2x2 standing in a mesquite at 498 yards. I told my brother and when we both had our glass on him he turned his head and my brother and I jaw dropped. We knew he was big and had to make something happen quick. We packed our gear up really quick and tried to close the distance before it got dark. We got to 256 yards and the buck had no idea we were there and was just eating on a cactus. He set up for a shot and I said "please don't miss this buck dude do not miss him!" By then he was shacking in his boots lol. He set up and I watched his finger go to the trigger and I hopped back onto my binos and BOOM, the buck dropped right there! Him and I started jumping up and down in joy we had done it!! My brother finally accomplished his goal of shooting a buck bigger then 100"!!! I hurried up and gathered myself and right away called my dad! I could hardly talk to him I was so exited!! My brother and I finally got over to the buck and took a couple pics before it got dark! My dad was so proud of us and he saw us approaching with out head lamps on and the rest is history! His bucks unofficially scores 110 3/8s and my dad and I couldn't be more proud of him! Hope you guys enjoy the pics and story!

post-3993-0-32829400-1446261572_thumb.jpeg

post-3993-0-87279500-1446261590_thumb.jpeg

post-3993-0-85265700-1446261601_thumb.jpeg

post-3993-0-87030200-1446261644_thumb.jpeg

post-3993-0-16574200-1446261661_thumb.jpeg

post-3993-0-29863800-1446261675_thumb.jpeg

post-3993-0-77530500-1446261688_thumb.jpeg

post-3993-0-60660800-1446261705_thumb.jpeg

post-3993-0-48045300-1446261716_thumb.jpeg

• Like 11

Congrats on a great pair of bucks! Really cool seeing it all come together with some hard work. Good work for the legs for fall ball practice.

• Like 1

Congrats to you both! I will be coming back to Arizona one of these days for a hunt and will look you guys up. I would hope Steven feels obligated to lead his old teacher to a monster buck based on me passing him in physics back in the day.

• Like 1

I am jealous, yes about the buck, but much more so about the time you got to spend with your brother. Enjoy it my friend, congrats on a great hunt!

• Like 1