Sign in to follow this  
rcdinaz

Another stolen RZR & ATV

Well my RZR 800s, and Suzuki 250 ATV, and the trailer were all stolen last week. :angry:

The saddest part is they were stolen from a Church in Chandler.

I am trying to find some pictures, didn't realize I never really took any pictures of them in use.

RZR was the Orange 800S model, the only standout thing about it was that it had a ballistic nylon soft top, windshield, and back window.

The Suzuki was all black with black Badlands wheel well bags on the sides and a flat red ATV gas can attached to the back rack.

The trailer was a grey (with plenty of rust) double axle gravely trailer specifically built to hold a UTV & one quad.

The trailer had a hitch lock on it so someone had to do a little work to get at it as well as it being parked between a work truck and an enclosed trailer. It took a lot of guts to get to it and drive off with it.

That sucks.

For those that never thought of it… Just wanted to share an obvious thing the RV store told me when buying a hitch lock (I never thought about it). The lock that fills the ball area and clamps down is what you need. If you only lock the clamp shut with a padlock on top, all it takes is a 1.5" ball and the trailer weight to keep the tongue down. The smaller ball will fit in the ball cavity fine without opening the clamp. Then they go around the corner and cut the lock.

• Like 1

Wow! Sorry to hear about that. And from a church area too. Hope Karma bites them in the butt big time. I too live in Chandler and will keep an eye out for your rigs. Especially when I'm passing thru the rez.

• Like 1

Dang, sorry to hear that. Seems like an all too common thing going on with the thefts of these atvs. I'll keep my eye out down here in Tucson.

Man that sucks, There probably down in mexico already. getting set up to run drugs and illegals into the USA.

Dads Suburban was stolen, taken into mexico before he even got off work. They found it 30 miles back into the USA mostly burnt with traces of drugs smuggling about a week later. Seems it did real well off road till they hit a deep wash at high speed.

I'l hope they find your stuff rolled over with a piece of garbage thief crushed under it.

Good insurance is a must , but if you want peace of mind on these kinds of toys I would suggest installing a hidden GPS tracker like this one (http://www.amazon.com/Spark-iTrack-Real-Time-Tracking-Device/dp/B0084A08KK/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1446755598&sr=8-14&keywords=itrack+gps) ... Real time GPS tracking , no monthly or annual service ( like with SPOT but they work too) , just buy a prepaid simm card from T-mobile or AT&T ... You can ping it with your cell to get coordinates or set it to update you at specific times ( minutes, hours, days or weeks, it is up to you) ... you can also set up a geo fence that automatically notifies you if it has left a designated area like your property or block ... Hide it and hard wire it so it never runs out of charge and only add time to prepaid when you have to ..

• Like 5

Sorry to hear that. Good luck getting them back and I hope they get those guys

The trailer had a ball type trailer lock and they still managed to steal it. Good thing is all my stuff is insured but police reports, recorded statements, deductibles, registrations, and replacing is such a pain in the @ss! I will check out the gps tracker assuming I find a replacement RZR.

I actually have to have a notarized statement done in case some scumbag kills himself and tries to sue me. Unbelieveable!

As most of you have said I assume they are in Mexico or already being sold for parts.

I will start adding a chain to the trailer wheel on anything left outside.

What does it profit a man to steal an RZR but lose his soul?

What does it profit a man to steal an RZR but lose his soul?

I'm guessing the soul was lost before this theft.

• Like 2