Sign in to follow this  
tinyturtle

N.Az Halloween buck

Long story short I missed opening morning due to work and only got a couple hours that night to look around. Decided the next morning to go to the same spot as the night before due to a gut instinct. My dad and I moved and glassed for about an hour when my dad glassed up a buck at 300 yards. I knew at first glance it was a definite shooter (shooter meaning bigger than my last spike and 2 point I've killed the last 2 times I had this tag) I got prone and took the shot. Didn't see the bullet hit but upon walking over to where he was there he was laying all but 50 yards away! Words could not describe how excited I was to finally harvest a big deer from this unit which I've been hunting since I was ten. The best part was having my dad there who had always encouraged and pushed me to hunt hard and ethically. I could not imagine taking a more beautiful deer as my first large buck.post-12376-0-38899500-1447010411_thumb.jpgpost-12376-0-38899500-1447010411_thumb.jpgpost-12376-0-99111500-1447010460_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Very nice! Congratulations on a super, heavy horned buck. Awesome to be able to share it with your dad as well.

Congrats on a great looking buck!