chico

THANKS VETERANS

Thank you and God Bless!

• Like 1

Amen! Thank you for the greatest country on earth!

• Like 1

Thank you to all the Veterans. A bad knee kept me out of the service. Have missed my FIL for 20 years.

post-13142-0-70598800-1447216330_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Thank you to all the Veterans past and present for your service! Also thanks to those who shared stories! God bless you all!

James

• Like 1

God bless all our veterans! And thanks to IA Born and others for sharing your stories, it's very moving.

Any veteran can get 20% off anything in the CouesWhitetail.com store for the next week. Just enter VETERANS20 for the discount at check out. If you are not a veteran, please don't use the coupon. This is just a small way to give something back to those who have given so much for our country. Veterans, feel free to spread the word to your veteran friends.

Amanda

• Like 2

+1

BIG thanks to all of the heros of our nation!! Especially those cw.com members reading this! Thank you!

Thought I would share (once again) one of my favorite pics of my personal hero, my father! One last smoke before he crawls up into his B-17 for a mission during WWII!! (Never mind that he is standing next to a plane loaded with about 5000lbs of high explosives and 3500 gallons of fuel!!! :blink: :D )

S.

:)

DadB17_zps527a5828.jpg

• Like 7

The pic is of my dad at flight school. Like Stanley's father, he was in the Army Air Corps during WWII (B-17 instructor/pilot at 22 years old). He finished his B-29 atomic bomb training, and was on a pre-departure train the day Japan surrendered in 1945 ...

• Like 6

Im a vet, dads vet, gramp who passed was a vet, sisters biological father kia.

Im so glad for all the support now days but remember folks va hospital still not much for standing behind our wounded vets be it physical or mental. If you ever have a chance to vote tbe va system away and get vets civilian treatment like champ va that disabled vets family gets please vote that way! Va could pay our co-pays and we could be taken care of properly.

God Bless those still active and thank you to those who served or stood by someone doing so!

***Also a big thanks to many members on here that have offered ne help every single time i have asked for it. Just so happens i usually have some dang surgery before hunts and have had to put out a "might need help packing out" post and every time have had multiple replies with phone numbers.

IABORN (Brian) came and helped with my elk last year and although it was close to a road if i had made 2 more trips carrying meat it would have meant 2 more weeks pain. Thank you Brian!

Bowhunter4life and i used to be pretty close buds and he has hauled more dang gear and more animals dor me than i probably have for myself!

Bowsniper has also helped me with gear and hunt spots and even helped my kiddo!

Couesnsheep has also dropped what he was doing and helped carry my deer, heck he and bowhunter4life carried my deer for me,

Gary M has also been big help in past for deer. ( cant remember username)

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING VETERANS! And God Bless the organizations helping wounded warriors and disabled vets get into field!

• Like 2

IA Born--- Great pics and write up. The 173rd is an amazing unit with a rich history that continues today. The annual reunions and unofficial get togethers are some of the best veterans events that I have ever been to and glad to have been a part of such an amazing unit!

Battle Company, 2-503rd, 173rd Airborne Brigade, OEF VIII (Korengal Valley)

• Like 2

IA Born--- Great pics and write up. The 173rd is an amazing unit with a rich history that continues today. The annual reunions and unofficial get togethers are some of the best veterans events that I have ever been to and glad to have been a part of such an amazing unit!

Battle Company, 2-503rd, 173rd Airborne Brigade, OEF VIII (Korengal Valley)

I just got chills, duckhunter! If (when) you were in Vicenza, then you've seen that profile pic of my dad. Last I knew it was hanging in a memorial/history section somewhere on base. He was there for the reactivation ceremony. I used to go to reunions all the time and those guys (and wives) have been more family to me than most blood. I know you get that. I've been to one reunion since my dad died. It was tough being there without him. I'm about ready to go back so my kids can learn more about the grandpa they never met.

I read Sal's book a couple of years ago and have kept up with events in the Korengal. You have my utmost respect and unwavering appreciation and thanks. If there is ever ANYTHING I can do from here, don't hesitate! AATW!

• Like 2

IA Born-- As you know the Army is a small small place and those who were members of the Herd are found far and wide. My wife's Grandfather was a Vietnam 173rd Vet as well. A very tight knit group. For another small world story, I was in getting an MRI and a gentlemen asked how I liked the 'outfit' in Italy. Turns out he was there as replacement soldier... CSM(ret) Sneed who did 4 tours in Vietnam with 3/503 then A/2-503 and 30 years and 500 jumps of airborne service later retired as a Command Sergeant Major... his commander?? None other than the father of my Company Commander when I was there.

Love it!! Battle Hard, The Rock, Sky Soldiers!

• Like 2