Sign in to follow this  
Couzer

Ol Bobbers & Worms, killed it @ Nelsons

Took the kids over to Nelsons Reservoir in the white mountains, did really well with just worms and bobbers. This was the best $4 spent on a cup of worms in a long time, just a half worm to spare. Probably had 15 or so get of the hook right at the bank and many bites.

I resisted and did not take the fly rod so I could keep the lines baited. Always had a bobber bobbing, it was fun!

Ended up keeping 6 because they swallowed the hook, trout for dinner!

post-2686-0-37387100-1447387668_thumb.jpg

post-2686-0-36906200-1447387693_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

Best memories right there. If I ever want to fish for myself, I have to go alone or with a buddy. All of my family fishing is exactly as you described it! I will say that now that my daughter is older, I actually get to do some fishing for myself!

Great job, dad!

• Like 1

Nice job! My kids are spoiled and I can't get them out of the truck once the weather gets cold. I end up fishing by myself while they watch movies in the truck... on second thought maybe that's not such a bad deal...

• Like 4

Good ol' Nelson's. Heard there is no limit on trout there anymore? Trying to get all the fish out of it to put some stupid minnow in there? Anyone know if that's true? Used to fish that lake a LOT as a kid. Caught some big trout out of it

• Like 1

Congrats! I love no matter where or what family there is always one kid who is crying, not looking at the camera, not smiling, walking away, turned around etc, etc, etc. I have 4 kids under the age of 6, so that's why I love that pic with your youngest crying :). Good job dad I bet the kids loved it.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Funny how they want to hold the pole and real it in constently when there are no bites, but as soon as one gets a fish they drop the pole instantly. Yea I get the evil eye from the wife when I bring my fly rod.

• Like 1

Good stuff!

My favorite pictures with my kids are still their first fish, biggest smiles ever.

• Like 1

Nice fish. Too bad lbj ever had to be president...................BOB!

• Like 1

Good ol' Nelson's. Heard there is no limit on trout there anymore? Trying to get all the fish out of it to put some stupid minnow in there? Anyone know if that's true? Used to fish that lake a LOT as a kid. Caught some big trout out of it

From September 1st thru March 31st there is no limit on rainbow and brown trout, it's the same at blue ridge and knoll. 6 trout limit from April 1st to August 31st. Fairly sure AZGFD will continue to stock Nelson in the spring as soon as the lake quits spilling.

• Like 1

Congrats! I love no matter where or what family there is always one kid who is crying, not looking at the camera, not smiling, walking away, turned around etc, etc, etc. I have 4 kids under the age of 6, so that's why I love that pic with your youngest crying :). Good job dad I bet the kids loved it.

he was just p.o.'d that dad didn't bring the buggy whip
  • Like 1