ctafoya

Schedule

Hmmm... I think you have to state whether you are after a short term "I don't want to be a fat @ss!" program or long term leaning out that is sustainable. Going into ketosis works but so do just about all diets if you are disciplined. I don't think the high fat diet is an easy long term lifestyle change, short term "Pass the dang bacon!". :wub:

Keto can m be a very satiating diet since fat makes you feel fuller than carbs. In my head though, it doesn't make any sense to take out a macronutrient entirely.

Interesting no one has mentioned anything about water intake....or maybe I missed it. Anyhow, the foundation for any exercise/nutrition program in my world begins with water intake. Many benefits from drinking half your body weight in ounces each day (or more if you are exercising). Food for thought if one hasn't considered it.

you pound, and i mean pound a bike 5 to 10 hours a week, and you'll get skinny.

do that and drop soda and dessert. don't over eat on recovery.

all ya need, bro.

I actually agree with this!

Sprint routines and crossfit work for most people because you go all out and slowly are able to increase your work load. The first 60 days is going to suck if you primary activity before hand was competitive remote control flipping or mouse clicking maniac. Since getting back into working out I have stuck with crossfit, the first month I literally thought I was going to die more than once. Most people would have said I was in pretty good shape before as well so I can't imagine what starting out is like for someone obese.

I have the same hernia I just keep pushing it back in. Might have to duct tape it soon

I found the fastest and easiest way to drop pounds and gain some muscle is to severely limit carbs for 8-10 weeks. 20 grams per day max. No sugar, wheat, starch, etc. Eat lots of butter, olive oil, coconut oil, moderate amounts of protein. Lots of veggies. You eat when your hungry and you eat until full.

After your body adapts to burning fat as fuel instead of carbs, you can gradually add back in some things like sweet potatoes, berries, whole oats, almonds, etc.

Fat doesn't make you fat. High blood sugar levels do.

More than anything, a calorie surplus is what makes you fat, not sugar.

I tried telling people this when this sub forum first opened, didn't go that well.

I came around to your way of thinking and have been - slowly - losing weight ever since. When I watch the MyFitPal and create a deficit I lose weight. Calorie deficit has been the most consistent solution. Best part - I can leave it for a bit and have a big weekend and when I go back to it, the results are absolutely immediate.