Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

What is the Ultimate Hunt?

Right now for me it would be a Desert Big Horn Sheep right here in AZ. Sure I would like to do AK and even Africa, but that just costs money and not so much that an average guy couldn't afford it if they gave up some things. An AZ Big Horn Sheep, however, is wait for the draw. Unless you have $300k to spend on a hunt, which I certainly don't. I probably started collecting points too late to ever have a chance, but that is my ultimate hunt.

Hang in there i only had 8pts

Likewise, 8 points did the trick for me.

Yukon or BC for Stone Sheep, Moose, Mountain Caribou, Mountain Goat

• Like 1

8 points for a AZDBHS hunt. You're killing me. I remember reading about an 11 year old who killed a record book Bull Elk and Desert Big Horn Sheep his first year hunting. So what is he dreaming about at night?

• Like 1

When I was in grade school in 1966, one of my classmates took a record book desert bighorn ram. A mere 48 years later, I got my chance and got mine last year that scored within 1/4 of an inch of his ram. I kind of like that both young and old have a chance to draw a tag.

Good luck to the tag holders that are heading out there in a week for their dream hunt. Hope you've already got a lot of enjoyment out of your special hunt!